You can purchase anything at Costco,’ people remark less and less. Costco is your one-stop shop for everything from vehicle rentals to prescription medication. There are fantastic savings to be had on furniture even on a typical day due to the large company’s reduced markup compared to traditional furniture outlets.
Additionally, there are a number of pros and disadvantages to this option. It’s helpful to be familiar with the following terms while dealing with Costco: Store, Online store, Sales and Buying procedures.
Things to Know Before Buying Costco Furniture
1. Costco Furniture Sales
If you’re in the market for new furniture, Costco is always having a bargain. Furniture retailers sometimes markup their products by as much as 100 percent to 200 percent, which is a common practice. Although it may seem ludicrous, this is actually true.
Costco’s markup is only 14% on any given day. A $600 piece of furniture (such a couch or table or desk or TV stand) would cost the following after the markups:
- $684 with a 14% markup (Costco)
- $1,200 with a 100% markup (Other furniture retailers)
- $1,800 with a 200% markup (Other furniture retailers)
2. Costco Semi-Annual Furniture Sales
Furniture sales events are held twice a year at Costco, in addition to their usual huge markups. When it comes to saving money, now is the time to do it. In the course of the year, there are two sales events:
- Initially, in July (some sources say late July, others say around the Fourth of July)
- Next, in December of this year (usually in time for Christmas)
The scheduling of these events couldn’t be better, given that they fall around the busiest shopping periods of the year. ‘
3. Costco Does Not Deliver Furniture
Because Costco does not transport furniture, you cannot shop there. This might be a deal-breaker for some folks, and it’s not unreasonable to think so. There are several ways to transport furniture if you don’t have a large car or truck.
- Ask to borrow a friend’s truck
- Consider an app like GoShare or TaskRabbit
4. Costco Furniture Financing Plans
The answer is no, sadly. There are no financing alternatives for furniture purchases at Costco because of their poor margins. When it comes purchasing furniture, it’s important to remember that, despite their high markup, furniture retailers may sometimes provide excellent financing options.
5. Costco Furniture Return Policy
Costco’s return policy is well-known, and it’s not hard to see why. In fact, the policy is so generous that you may return just about anything at any time. Some items are exempt from these rules, but not furniture. When it comes to product exchanges, Costco has one of the best procedures around.
6. It’s the #1 Costco Furniture Price Tag Trick.
Everyone who writes about Costco offers the same advice: be sure to read the price tags carefully. Codes on the price tags provide you with specifics about the item.
For example, how can you tell if a piece of furniture is actually discounted? Easy. Depending on the tag, the price will either be $.97 or $.79. It’s a mystery as to why Costco won’t just state “On Sale” or “Clearance,” but at least you now know.
7. Costco Furniture Price Tag Hack #2
Price tags at Costco reveal a lot more than that. Learn about furniture markdowns, and whether or not the item will be replenished, all in one place.
For Costco, it’s known for having products that disappear and never reappear. It’s now possible to identify what those things were. Simply take a glance at the furniture’s price tag while making your decision. No more of this item will be made available.
8. Costco furniture purchases need membership.
To shop for furniture at Costco, you must have a membership, although the levels of membership are rather simple:
- It costs $60 a year to join Gold Star, which covers the majority of homes.
- Businesses who resell Costco products are eligible for a $60-a-year business membership.
- It costs $120 a year for the Executive Membership, which includes extra privileges and savings.
There is a method to visit the shop without becoming a member if you aren’t comfortable with the idea of signing up. Members are allowed to bring a maximum of two guests each visit.
So, before signing up for a Costco membership, speak with a buddy who already has one.
9. Where To Find Furniture In Costco
Costco may be a bit confusing, from the membership process to the actual layout of the store. Warehouse-like in size, Costco stores display their merchandise on top of boxes or pallets, much like those seen in a warehouse.
You may find it beneficial to have a few pointers for finding the furnishings you’re looking for in this type of arrangement. The layout of most stores follows a predictable pattern. Shoppers who purchase on the spur of the moment should be aware of:
- The front of the store
- The ends of the aisles
With enticing technological gadgets on display and other popular food and home items displayed on end caps, these are the locations where some of the best prices can be discovered.
You’ll discover the furniture pieces in the back of the warehouse, near the loading docks. In addition, the centre of the store often features a huge open area with high shelves on each side. Furniture is often seen in an open area in the middle of the store (see below).
10. The Store Layout Changes
As a result, Costco’s customers feel like they’ve discovered something new every time they shop there. If you spend more time going through the furniture, you’re more likely to buy something you later regret.
There’s something weird about the fact that furniture is a seasonal product. It’s important to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary when you shop. Don’t worry if you don’t notice anything at first. Not sure if it’s moved or not.
11. Buying Furniture Online At Costco.com
To avoid the crowds and treasure hunt attitude of Costco, a few consumers choose to shop on the company’s website instead. There are also those who assume they can just look at the item at the store, then order it online and have it delivered to their door (more on that later).
Yes, there are delivery choices for online purchases:
- The furniture may be delivered to your house and put together for you.
- To have it delivered to your home, you may either have it delivered to your garage or right inside your front door.
However, keep in mind that most shop products aren’t available for purchase online. So you won’t be able to get your hands on the retail item you’ve been looking for.
Things to Consider Before Buying
Buying furniture at Costco? Here are four more basic pointers to keep in mind. As previously noted, shopping may be a bit of a challenge. The following hints are intended to make your travels more manageable:
- Please don’t ask the demo personnel for assistance because they don’t work for Costco, but for the company they are marketing.
- Costco shopping when hungry may lead to overconsumption of food samples, purchases of food goods you never planned to make and further purchases of food at the checkout (the Costco dogs are wonderful).
- If you’re taking something out of the store, you’ll be asked for your receipt, so have it close to hand at all times!