How Does Taskrabbit Work? A TaskRabbit Tasker may make additional money by performing odd activities in their area.
You’re part of a rising trend if you’re considering taking on a side job to earn some extra income. Gig workers make up a third of the U.S. workforce, according to Gallup’s research on “The Gig Economy and Alternative Work Arrangements. With a second job, you’ll be able to build your savings or pay off debt, which makes sense.
As a TaskRabbit Tasker, you may get money doing odd things around the house. There is a good hourly salary, and you may work when it fits your schedule. Find out how TaskRabbit works and sign up for a free account by reading on.
TaskRabbit is a service that links customers in need of odd jobs with those who perform them as a side hustle called Taskers. Taskers are compensated for each completed activity, which might range from building furniture to cleaning houses.
When Leah Busque launched TaskRabbit in 2008, she had no idea that it would eventually be purchased by Ikea Group, the parent company of the Ikea store. As a result, TaskRabbit can provide a wide range of specialist Ikea furniture assembly assistance.
There are over 30 states where TaskRabbit is available, as well as several cities ranging from New York to Los Angeles where it is available. As well as the seven other nations where it’s active, San Francisco is home to the company’s corporate headquarters.
How does TaskRabbit work?
The TaskRabbit app is required for all new Taskers. Gigs in your region will be sent to you through email, and you can choose which ones you wish to take on. Afterward, you’ll be able to communicate with the customer about things like your arrival time. You’ll submit your invoice and get paid via the app after the project is complete.
It is up to you as a TaskRabbit Tasker to decide how much you charge and how much you earn. This is an excellent choice for those who prefer working as independent contractors.
It’s possible to do a wide range of duties as an independent Tasker. It is possible to get money moving and repairing furniture as well as doing yard maintenance if you don’t mind physical effort. It’s possible to generate money by doing things like party organizing, gift wrapping, and even standing in line for concert tickets, amongst many other options.
Who can use TaskRabbit?
However, TaskRabbit isn’t going to replace your full-time income. In order to make $10,000 a month (or more), TaskRabbit is unlikely to be enough.
Instead, if you’re looking for a way to earn extra money in your leisure time, such as in the evenings or on the weekends, you can consider becoming a Tasker. If you have a credit card or student loan debt, this might be beneficial to you.
In contrast to most part-time occupations, you may work when and when it’s most convenient for you. Take a break from your work after you have saved enough to buy the vehicle you’ve been dreaming of. Here in the US, you need to have some qualifications before you can become a Tasker:
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to work in one of TaskRabbit’s active cities
- Provide information, like a copy of your driver’s license, so you can undergo a background check
- Have an active checking account
- Have a valid credit card
- Own a smartphone
Registering to become a Tasker costs $25, which must be paid upfront with a credit card. TaskRabbit, on the other hand, will not charge you any additional fees or deduct any of your earnings from your total. A TaskRabbit service fee and a Trust and Support Fee will be paid to the customer.
How much can you make with TaskRabbit?
The amount of money you may make with TaskRabbit depends on a variety of factors, including your experience, where you live, and the kinds of work that are accessible.
painters can charge $104-$200 per hour to paint a single bedroom, whereas cleaners in Orlando, FL charge $21-$40 per hour on average. You might pay $18 an hour in Las Vegas to stand in line at a ticket counter for an event. You might also make $18 to $30 an hour by organizing someone else’s closet.
That’s a lot of money over time. A monthly salary of $800 might be yours if you worked 10 hours a week at a rate of $20 an hour. TaskRabbit does not charge Taskers anything more than a $25 one-time registration fee. The clients who book the services are responsible for all payments.
Providing outstanding customer service might increase your earnings even further. Using TaskRabbit, clients may tip Taskers, and Taskers keep 100% of any tips they get.
The TaskRabbit app allows you to submit an invoice once you’ve completed a task. Depending on your location, taskers can be paid by Braintree or Stripe direct transfer. The app also allows clients to compensate you for any expenditures you spend.
Maximizing your earnings with TaskRabbit
Use these TaskRabbit money-making tips to maximize your earnings:
- Create a profile that stands out. Your profile is your chance to market yourself. Put yourself out there with a professional profile photo that shows off your skills and work ethic. Include a link to your professional website if you have one, too. Look at the TaskRabbit Elite profiles if you need help; they are Taskers who have received 98 percent or above positive ratings and who accomplish several assignments each month.
- Do a variety of things. Don’t be scared to take on a wide range of responsibilities. You may boost your chances of making money by completing a wider range of assignments.
- Acquire knowledge. Positions that require a high level of skill are often more lucrative than those that do not. Make the most of your free time by learning a particular trade like painting or constructing furniture.
- Price hikes are a must! In order to secure your initial assignments, you’ll probably have to offer a modest hourly cost. However, once you’ve done projects and received positive feedback, you may raise your pricing and therefore increase your earnings.
TaskRabbit: How to achieve great ratings and reviews
As a Tasker, getting positive feedback from your clients is critical to your success. Take these measures to guarantee that you obtain the best reviews possible:
- Regardless of how the customer communicates with you, you should always conduct yourself in a professional manner. Be courteous and polite, and dress smartly when you visit their house.
- The best way to get started on time is by arriving a few minutes early, if at all feasible. Being on time is a major consideration in your evaluations.
- Work to the best of your ability: Treat each work as if it were an assignment from your full-time job, even if it is only a side gig. Always strive to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to please your clients.
How to stay safe as a Tasker
Despite the fact that TaskRabbit has been around for some time, you should proceed with caution if you decide to become a Tasker. Working in this position necessitates entering the homes of strangers, so extreme caution is required. To ensure that your loved ones are aware of your whereabouts, text them when you arrive and leave. Leave the client’s location as soon as you feel uneasy, and then contact TaskRabbit’s Tasker Support team.
Happiness Pledge TaskRabbit provides clients with insurance in the case of property damage, physical harm, or theft. In the event of an emergency, it’s a good idea to have your own personal insurance.