Capital One and Walmart have teamed together to offer consumers a comprehensive rewards program that may truly pay off. Using the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, you may earn points when you shop at Walmart with Capital One’s famous rewards program. There are several advantages to this if you do most of your shopping at walmart.com or on the retailer’s mobile application.
When compared to other reward credit cards, how does this one stack up? Here, we’ll examine the advantages and disadvantages of the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard to help you determine if it’s the right choice for you.
Who should get the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard?
First-year cardholders who utilize Walmart Pay to buy in-store will obtain the maximum cashback benefits from the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard since these purchases earn the most cashback. If you’re more inclined to buy at Walmart using your phone or computer, this card may be a good fit for you.
With the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, you’ll get cash back at Walmart, but you’ll also get rewards for using your card elsewhere. In contrast to many other shop credit cards, this one may be used everywhere.
Benefits and advantages of the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard
- Extra Cash Back. While this credit card doesn’t reward you with a significant amount of rewards when you first open an account, you may still gain extra cash back: When you use this card with Walmart Pay, you’ll get 5% back on Walmart purchases for the first year.
- Good payoffs. With the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, you may earn cash back in a variety of ways. On Walmart.com, the Walmart app, and Walmart pickup and delivery, you’ll get 5% back, as well as 2% back at Walmart stores, 2% back at Walmart petrol stations, and 1% back on all other transactions.
- Flexibility in recoupment. You may utilize your rewards in a variety of ways. There are a number of ways you may redeem them: online at Walmart.com, as a bill credit, a gift card, or even for travel.
- Privileges for travel and shopping. This card comes with perks that extend beyond the Walmart store. In addition to no foreign transaction costs, you’ll also get travel accident insurance, extended warranties on qualifying purchases, and complimentary concierge assistance if you need help with eating, entertainment, or travel arrangements.
- Earnings from the bonus category. Despite the fact that this card offers considerable points for your Walmart purchases, other cards, such as those for travel and eating, may provide a better earnings rate.
- There is no introductory APR. For both new purchases and debt transfers, several credit cards offer introductory APR durations of 0%. They can come in handy when making a large purchase or transferring debt from a credit card with a higher interest rate. Unfortunately, the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard does not provide this feature. Creditworthiness has a role in the APR that cardholders receive.
How to get the most out of your redemptions
There are a variety of ways to redeem your points from the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard, including travel, gift cards, online checkout at Walmart.com, statement credits, and more. You may earn as many rewards as you like as long as your account is active and your points never expire.