With this store credit card, you may earn important cashback benefits at Walmart and Sam’s Club, but it may not be the finest Walmart credit card. The Walmart Points Card might be a terrific way to earn rewards at your favorite retailer if you spend the majority of your shopping there, including groceries. If you’re a frequent shopper, this card might save you money in the long run.
But how does it measure up to other credit cards you could consider applying with? Find out if the Walmart Rewards card is right for you by reading our review.
Who should be eligible for a Walmart Rewards Card?
Loyal Walmart customers will appreciate the convenience and benefits of the Walmart Rewards Card. It’s a store credit card that can only be used at Walmart stores, as it is a closed-loop card.
In addition to in-store purchases at Sam’s Club and Sam’s Club-branded gasoline stations, this does cover online purchases made on Walmart.com and through the app (even if you plan to perform Grocery Pickup or Delivery). If you want an all-purpose credit card that can be used everywhere, this is not the card for you.
Alternatively, if the idea of earning cashback at Walmart intrigues you, then this new store credit card is worth serious consideration. If you don’t have a lot of credit history or terrible credit, a store card can be a good option for you. If you use it wisely, a retail credit card might boost your credit rating over time.
If you have a Walmart Rewards Card, you’ll be able to use certain of Capital One’s services, such as the bank’s mobile application. If you are a fan of Capital One or already have a Capital One account, this card may also be a good fit for you. No, this isn’t the right credit card for anyone wishing to earn points that can be used for travel. Only Walmart gift cards, statement credits, and transactions can be redeemed.
The advantages and rewards of the Walmart Rewards Card
- Abundant greetings from us. For in-store transactions, this card is especially useful in the first year. For the first 12 months, use this card with Walmart Pay to get 5% back on all purchases.
- The money you get back is worth it. On Walmart.com and the Walmart app, cardholders may get 5% back, while in-store purchases and petrol at Walmart and Murphy USA stations receive 2% back.
- There are no capital letters in this paragraph. Using your Walmart credit card, you may earn as many rewards as you like. There is no need to be concerned about expenditure limits.
- There is no time limit. Benefits accrued with the Capital One Walmart Rewards Card have no time limit and are non-refundable. Your account must be open to use these coupons.
- There is no yearly cost. There is no annual charge for the Walmart Rewards Card, so you don’t have to worry about additional costs.
The Walmart Rewards Card has certain drawbacks.
- Use with caution. As a retail credit card, the Walmart Rewards Card may only be used at Walmart-affiliated establishments.
- That was all, APR. For a limited time, many credit cards offer a 0% introductory APR on purchases or debt transfers. After that, the usual APR will apply to any outstanding balances. However, because it is not a 0% APR credit card, the Walmart Rewards Card does not provide this benefit.
- No cash advances or balance transfers. This card does not permit balance transfers and has no introductory APR. In addition, cardholders are not permitted to obtain cash advances, which are normally discouraged due to the high interest rates and costs associated with them.
It is possible to get and use cash back at Walmart
Best ways to earn
Rewards are further restricted because this card may only be used at Walmart-affiliated stores. Walmart.com and the Walmart mobile app may be used to earn cashback on purchases made by cardholders, with grocery pickup and delivery included. If you’re a new cardholder and use Walmart Pay in-store, you’ll enjoy expedited cashback benefits, but this bonus expires on 10/14/20.
For purchases purchased in-store or at a Walmart or Murphy USA gas station without using Walmart Pay, you’ll get 2% back. The Sam’s Club and Sam’s Club-branded gas stations provide 1% cashback on all in-store transactions.
Maximizing your redemptions
The usage of redemptions is restricted to Walmart stores only. If you have a Walmart Rewards Card, you may use it to get statement credits, use it at the online checkout on Walmart.com, or use it in-store at a participating Walmart. Use your Walmart points to purchase gift cards from Walmart and other merchants, as an additional choice. Capital One’s mobile app and the desktop site are the only two methods for redeeming your reward points.
Walmart Rewards Mastercard is an alternative to Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard that enables you to redeem rewards for flights, hotels, and auto rentals in addition to the standard reward points.