Flying with Delta Air Lines on a regular basis will be even more lucrative with this travel card.
Reward cards are well-known for their value to frequent travelers, particularly those who have a favored airline. You may get some great benefits and discounts on your travel expenses with an American Express card from Delta Air Lines, the Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
Before applying for the Delta SkyMiles Gold credit card, evaluate what it has to offer, who it’s best suited for, and whether or not there are any other viable possibilities.
Which Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Cardholders Should You Consider?
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex Card is the greatest airline credit card for frequent Delta Air Lines fliers, as its name indicates. You’ll get two miles for every dollar spent directly with Delta, at restaurants across the world, as well as in the United States on takeout and delivery, and at U.S. supermarkets, and one mile for every dollar spent elsewhere.
This card is ideal for Delta fliers who want to rack up frequent flier points quickly. General travel or reward cards may be more advantageous for people who fly less frequently on Delta or use the card mostly for day-to-day shopping.
Benefits and perks
- After spending $2,000 in the first three months, you’ll get 70,000 additional miles. This is a terrific perk, given that some Delta trips cost as little as 20,000 miles roundtrip.
- Cardholders can earn 2X miles on Delta purchases, in restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the United States, and at U.S. supermarkets, and 1 mile every $1 spent on all other qualified transactions.
- A statement credit of up to 20% of your in-flight purchases is also available when you use this credit card. Food, drink, and audio headsets are all acceptable in-flight purchases.
- The yearly charge is reasonable. It costs $99 a year to be a member (waived first year).
- Delta Flight Credit. When you spend $10,000 on your card in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit. Your next Delta flight will be less expensive thanks to this credit card.
- You and your traveling companions are entitled to a complimentary checked bag if your reservation includes your SkyMiles account number. This can save you and a travel partner $120 on a round-trip journey.
- Additional bonuses for traveling. This card is great for both domestic and international travel because it offers rental car loss and damage insurance (secondary coverage, activation is required), priority boarding in Main Cabin 1 on Delta flights, one free checked bag (reservations must include your SkyMiles number), a global assistance hotline, and no foreign transaction fees.
- For purchases made with American Express cards, there is a guarantee of compensation. There is also a return policy for qualified items, as well as extended warranties and dispute resolution services.
- It’s still possible to pay an annual fee, even if it’s waived for the first year. Other options may be better for your pocketbook if you don’t fly with Delta very often or are seeking for a credit card that doesn’t charge an annual fee.
- There is a lack of flexibility when it comes to receiving compensation. This is the finest credit card for regular Delta travelers and SkyTeam alliance flyers. If you don’t fly Delta often, a credit card with a broader range of travel benefits may be a better option for you.
Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card transfer partners
There are approximately 20 airlines that are members of the SkyTeam alliance, of which Delta is a member. Award flights may be booked with the following SkyTeam airlines:
- Aerolíneas Argentinas
- Air France
- Air Europa Alitalia
- China Airlines
- China Eastern
- China Southern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- Korean Air
- Saudia Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
- Xiamen Airlines