In comparison to other travel rewards cards, does the Expedia Rewards Voyager Card provide enough perks to be worth considering? One of the most popular travel websites in the world, Expedia sees millions of bookings each month. Points Voyager Cardholders may earn great travel rewards and improved Expedia status by signing up for the Expedia Rewards Voyager Card. Is the $95 annual charge or a place in your wallet worth the travel site’s rewards card?
We’ve put up an in-depth evaluation of the Expedia Rewards Voyager Card to help you decide if this is the best credit card for you.
Expedia Rewards Voyager Card is for whom?
The Expedia Rewards Voyager Card is designed for frequent Expedia.com customers. Booking flights, hotels, rental cars, and cruises via Expedia allows you a wide range of options for earning reward points for future travel. There is a good chance that you won’t use the Expedia Rewards Voyage Card if you don’t intend on using Expedia for a lot of trip bookings. Credit cards that allow you to earn and redeem rewards points in a more flexible manner are ideal for frequent fliers.
Benefits and perks
- New cards that spend $2,000 in the first three months after account opening will receive 25,000 points.
- In addition to the $100 credit for qualified airline incidentals (such as Wi-Fi and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application costs), the card provides an annual $100 air travel fee credit.
- Anniversary bonus. You’ll get 5,000 bonus points if you spent at least $10,000 last year.
- Expedia Gold Status is automatic for cardholders as long as they keep their card in their possession. In addition to complimentary breakfasts and spa credits, guests with gold status are entitled to additional privileges. VIP Access hotels additionally include room upgrades, price matching, member discounts, and higher reward rates when making a hotel reservation.
- Citi Entertainment. The Expedia Rewards Voyager has access to Citi Entertainment as a Citi credit cardholder. One-of-a-kind events, concerts, and experiences may be purchased through the program.
- The $95 annual charge on the Expedia Rewards Voyager card reduces the card’s worth if you don’t use all of its benefits.
- Limited redemption alternatives. Cardholders have various possibilities, however, Expedia is the sole option for redeeming.
- Expedia Rewards expire after 18 months if you don’t use or earn them.
Maximizing your redemptions
It is possible to redeem Expedia Reward points in a variety of methods, although most do so through Expedia. Optional choices for you are:
- Rental cars
- Vacation packages
When booking a trip with Expedia, you have the option of paying in part using reward points. When booking a trip, check for the option to “Use my points.” Is there a limit on the number of points I may use? Expedia flights are an exception to this rule. For Expedia flights, you may only redeem points if you pay for the entire ticket, including taxes and fees, using points.
Expedia Rewards points can also be donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Center as another method to put them to good use.
Benefits with Expedia Rewards Gold status
Hotel discounts and price matching, complimentary breakfast and spa credits at VIP Access hotels, additional bonus points on Expedia reservations, and free room upgrades at VIP Access hotels are just a few of the perks of Expedia Rewards Gold status.
How many Expedia Rewards do you need for a free flight?
Booking a free flight doesn’t need a minimum quantity of Expedia Rewards points. At the current exchange rate of 140 Expedia reward points to one dollar, a $200 Expedia flight would need 28,000 points. Only when points are used to pay for the entire ticket, including taxes and fees, can points be redeemed for flights.