You are well-versed in the use of credit cards that offer bonuses such as cashback or free flights. A few are undoubtedly already in your wallet.
All loyalty credit cards work the same way, giving you a percentage of your spending back in the form of loyalty currency that can be exchanged for cash or other products with a monetary value, like airline miles or hotel stays.
Blockchain-based credit cards are unique. Those who invest in cryptocurrencies can even argue that they’re superior. Both bitcoin and reward points that may be redeemed for cryptocurrency are common forms of crypto credit card rewards. Cards of this type continue to proliferate online.
The Top Credit Cards for Crypto
These are currently the most advantageous credit cards for purchasing cryptocurrency. Each is exceptional in some respect, be it the reliability with which it provides a high rate of return or the breadth of the cryptocurrencies it supports.
The finest cryptocurrency credit card, in our opinion, also provides the most value. However, new players are always entering the crypto market, so be sure to check back frequently. Remember that many items require you to join a waiting.
Visa from Crypto.com is the best overall (CRO Credit Card)
The Crypto.com Visa Credit Card offers outstanding value, with the possibility of a market-leading return on spending, if you are ready to risk some of your cryptocurrency holdings in the linked account.
The Crypto.com Visa Card (or CRO Credit Card, for short) is a cryptocurrency debit card backed by the Crypto.com exchange; the token you must stake to get the card is called a “Crypto.com token” (CRO). If you use the card to invest in CRO, you’ll get valuable rewards in US dollars.
- $0 to $399.99. Earn 1% cash-back rewards in CRO
- $400 to $3,999.99. 2% back in CRO
- $4,000 to $39,999.99. 3% back in CRO
- $40,000 to $399,999.99. 5% back in CRO
- Over $400,000. 8% back in CRO
It’s important to note that the Crypto.com Visa has some extra perks that lower-asset holders do not have access to:
- Free Spotify Premium trial with any bet over $400
- Those who wager $4,000 or more receive free membership to an airport lounge and a year of Netflix.
- A free one-year trial of Amazon Prime for bets of $40,000 or more
- Higher-tier, invitation-only benefits for bets of $40,000 or more
- Depending on the amount you wager, you can make as many as ten free ATM withdrawals per month.
Coinbase Card is best for cryptocurrency spending
If you want to make everyday crypto purchases, the Coinbase Card is the Visa debit card for you. In contrast to many other cards, you need not first convert your cryptocurrency holdings into U.S. dollars before using the card, nor do you need to spend dollars to get cryptocurrency rewards.
Applying for this card requires a Coinbase account and places you on a waitlist. As one of the most trusted cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase’s fees are reasonable.
- Earn up to 4% back in crypto rewards, depending on your balance
- No annual fee
- Choose to spend crypto or dollars, regardless of the merchant’s crypto acceptance policy
- Choose from popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin and Litecoin
- Use it wherever Visa cards are accepted
Best for Bigger Spenders: The BlockFi Rewards Visa Signature Card
For those with larger annual expenditures, the BlockFi Rewards Visa® Signature Credit Card offers an enticing card that offers a flat 2% back in cryptocurrency on each and every purchase made on the card.
You can increase your annual reward from 1.5% to 2% back if you spend at least $30,000 on your card each year, and you won’t even need a large cryptocurrency investment as some other cards do.
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- Get an additional 0.25% bonus on eligible BlockFi trades
- Get $30 per successful new customer referral
SoFi Credit Card is the best hybrid credit card.
The SoFi Credit Card offers conventional cash-back rewards in the form of a flat, limitless 2% cash back on all purchases.
For what reason is it a cross-breed? Why? Because the card’s cash-back rewards can be used in a wide variety of ways. The funds can be deposited into a checking or savings account, applied to outstanding SoFi loans, or invested through the SoFi Invest trading platform.
As a result of the ability to make bitcoin purchases with SoFi Invest, the SoFi Credit Card might be seen as a backdoor cryptocurrency credit card.
- Redeem cash back directly for crypto with an active SoFi Invest account
- Cash-back reward drops to 1% when you redeem a credit card statement credit
- Make 12 on-time monthly payments to drop your APR by 1%
- No hard credit inquiry as a condition of application
- No annual fee
Gemini Credit Card is the best option for daily rewards.
In waitlist form now, the Gemini Credit Card is a cryptocurrency credit card with a rewards program tailored to regular purchases.
- 3% back in crypto on dining purchases up to $6,000 in eligible category spend
- 2% back in crypto on grocery purchases
- 1% back in crypto on all other purchases, including dining purchases above the $6,000 limit
- Rewards redeem automatically and immediately — no waiting to redeem them manually
- Choose from Bitcoin (BTC) as your default currency or opt for more than 40+ other cryptos
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- No exchange fees to redeem your crypto
Highest Credit Lines Perform Best: Boost Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card
Approved users of the Upgrade Bitcoin Rewards Credit Card can have credit lines of up to $25,000. This card may be ideal if you want to make a large purchase or a series of smaller purchases and would like to receive cryptocurrency rewards on the total amount spent.
Keep in mind that the only currency you may accumulate on this card is Bitcoin. To cash out in a different cryptocurrency, you’ll either need to exchange your rewards after earning them or switch to a different card.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% Bitcoin rewards when you make payments
- Pay down purchases each month at a fixed rate with equal monthly payments — or all at once if you prefer
- Use wherever Visa is accepted
The Selection Process for the Finest Credit Cards for Cryptocurrency Rewards
To select the best cryptocurrency credit card for our audience, we consider a number of criteria. All of these aspects have an effect on the final price and practicality of these items.
Rate of Reward
Consider the rate of return before choosing a rewards credit card. This is especially crucial for crypto credit cards since their reward money is more susceptible to price fluctuations. Because of this, crypto credit card issuers have an incentive to provide higher reward rates to compensate for the possible devaluation of rewards.
When options are equivalent, we choose crypto credit cards that offer the highest returns across the most common types of purchases.
Redemption of Rewards and Access to Crypto Holdings
You may find it simpler or more difficult to cash in your benefits from certain credit cards. At par, we favor crypto cards that instantly deposit earnings into associated bank accounts.
Cards with simple redemption procedures are preferred over those that involve extra steps or fees to what might otherwise be a simple operation.
To begin, many crypto credit cards are actually crypto debit cards. You have to retain a certain amount of money in an account at all times, called staking, and make purchases straight from that account.
While this could be advantageous in some cases, such as when using a crypto balance to make an ATM withdrawal, it is disadvantageous for those who wish to receive crypto rewards on credit.
There are fees associated with using almost every credit card, though some cards charge more than others. Similar to regular credit cards, the annual fee is the most noticeable and possibly expensive price associated with crypto credit cards although many crypto cards do not impose annual fees.
The following are some other possible crypto card fees:
- Foreign transaction fees
- Crypto liquidation fees
- Overlimit withdrawal fees
- Crypto funding fees
- Crypto exchange fees
Depending on the amount, these costs can entirely wipe out whatever benefits you earn. If we have a choice, we would rather use a cryptocurrency card that has no or little annual maintenance fees.
Bitcoin and Ethereum, two of the most popular cryptocurrencies, may be used with the majority of crypto credit cards. That could work for beginners who only want to get their feet wet with some common currencies.
However, coin selection is crucial for more experienced users. Although we understand that some people might not care, we give preference to cards that let you redeem your crypto rewards for less popular coins.
Security for Cards and Accounts
The importance of security cannot be overstated in the cryptocurrency industry, where coin theft is still common and victims have little chance of getting their money back. Each crypto credit card boasts that it provides maximum security, but it’s tough for the average consumer to verify these promises.
However, there is a non-technical way in which crypto cards might help lower customers’ risk of loss: instantaneous redemption of rewards and simple transfer from a hot wallet to cold storage.
Users who take their assets offline are far less likely to suffer a loss to theft than those who keep big sums of cryptocurrency in hot storage, or online.
If two cards and issuers are otherwise equivalent, we will choose the one that allows you more freedom in spending. Cards that necessitate large crypto holdings in linked wallets raise extra red flags for us.
Digital wallets and applications
All crypto cards link to either a digital wallet or a digital banking app. The quality and utility of these apps and wallets vary widely, and they have nothing to do with the cards themselves. Because of this, we can take their opinions into account when ranking related cards.
Features That Add Value
Value-added features increase the utility and worth of the finest crypto credit cards, just as they do with traditional plastic.
A few examples of such characteristics are:
- Cellphone protection policies that reimburse covered losses
- Travel perks, such as complimentary rental car coverage
- Shopping perks, such as return protection
- Concierge services, such as help making hard-to-get travel or event reservations
We prioritize cards that provide real value beyond just a cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Which Credit Card Offers the Best Cryptocurrency Rewards?
There are several factors to think about while selecting the best cryptocurrency rewards credit card that is not relevant when selecting a regular credit card.
There are several, but some of them are:
- A variety of digital currencies are accessible for exchange.
- The mechanics of the card’s reward system
- Is it necessary to connect a cryptocurrency wallet to your credit account?
- Liquidation and financing costs, as well as other cryptocurrency-related card fees
Crypto cards, however, aren’t radically different from regular credit cards. This doesn’t mean you can’t think about things like:
- The rewards rate
- The interest rate and repayment terms
- Card fees not directly related to crypto, such as the annual fee
- Value-added features, like shopping and travel benefits
To choose the best card for your needs, think about which of these considerations is most essential to you and what compromises you can accept if any. Every month brings more options for crypto cards, so you can pick one that suits your needs.