Customers looking for exceptional service need look no farther than Travelers Insurance’s vast selection of products. For further information, please visit our Travelers Car Insurance Review page.
Travelers insurance Pros and Cons
- Travelers offers home, auto, and pet insurance.
- Numerous methods exist for saving money.
- There are a number of benefits for ecologically conscious households.
- We have fewer policy alternatives than our rivals.
Travelers auto insurance ratings
Throughout its tenure in the country, the business also pioneered the development of a variety of other insurance-related technologies. It originated as a railroad passenger travel insurance company in 1864. Customers now have the option of selecting from a selection of car insurance plans and coverages, as well as non-auto insurance products.
Read our review to learn about the options, benefits, and savings associated with vacation automobile insurance.
- Claims satisfaction — Travelers received a lower-than-average rating in J.D. Power’s 2020 Claims Satisfaction Study.
- Satisfaction with the customer (J.D. Power) — According to a study conducted by J.D. Power in 2021, tourists’ overall customer satisfaction is lower than normal.
- Superior financial strength. Due to their improved financial situation, travelers are more likely to be able to pay their claims.
- NAIC Rating — The NAIC found that travelers filed fewer complaints in 2020.
Travelers car insurance coverage options
State Farm is a prominent competitor to Travelers, as it provides comprehensive liability and personal injury protection for both insured and uninsured drivers. Consider the following Travelers car insurance policy possibilities in the future, including additional coverage and insurance.
Accident forgiveness is one of two unique forms of auto insurance offered by travelers. It waives your premium if you have one accident every 36 months. Small traffic violation forgiveness is included in the plan, so your rates will not increase if you obtain a ticket for a minor traffic offense once every 36 months.
Your insurance will also cover injuries and property damage if you enroll in their Premier Responsible Driver Plan®. You may qualify for a $50 credit if none of the drivers on your policy has been involved in an accident or received a serious infraction in the prior six months. If a covered loss occurs, this credit will be applied to your deductible. If your car is totaled, you will owe nothing.
Lease/loan gap insurance coverage
After depreciation, the true cash value of a car is what most lease and loan customers may expect to receive in the event of a total loss. It is conceivable that if you sell your vehicle for less than the balance of your loan (or lease), you will end up paying extra money. By protecting yourself against unexpected costs with gap insurance, you may reallocate your financial resources to other areas.
New car replacement
If your new car is damaged during the first five years of ownership, you will be given with a comparable make and model. Although this is not always the case, some insurance providers cover the first one to three years of ownership. The majority of clients choose this option in conjunction with cheaper auto glass insurance deductibles and the af.
Rental car coverage
The traveler is responsible for vehicle damage that requires more than 24 hours of repair following an insured loss.
Basic Roadside Assistance® and Premier Roadside Assistance® are the two alternatives offered to drivers in an emergency. Towing services at the most basic level include up to 15 miles of normal roadside assistance, such as jumpstarting a car, changing a flat tire, and unlocking a door. In addition to normal roadside help, you may be eligible for additional benefits such as Travelers’ Premier Roadside Support®. If your vehicle breaks down and cannot be repaired within 24 hours, trip interruption insurance reimburses you for food and lodging while you wait. If your personal belongings are stolen or destroyed as a result of a covered loss, personal property coverage is provided up to $500.
Travelers insurance discounts and rewards programs
Insurance prices are determined by your location and driving record. On the other hand, this is an optional step. Determine which vehicle insurance providers offer plans that include at least one discount, regardless of whether you’re in the market for new coverage. Travelers offer a variety of cost-cutting choices to policyholders.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multi-policy. When obtaining insurance from a single provider, it’s a good idea to check into Travelers’ discounts. If you combine your auto and house insurance policies with Travelers, you might save up to 10% on your rates.
- Combining your renters and car insurance policies might result in a monthly savings of up to 5%.
- Multi-car. You may save up to 8% if you insure multiple vehicles with the same carrier.
- Insurance coverage that is continuous. Insurance coverage gaps may result in a 15% discount.
- Quote from the beginning. If you are a new customer and obtain a quotation prior to the expiration of your current policy, you may save between 3 and 10% on new Travelers insurance.
- Billing. You can receive a discount of up to 15% if you pay consistently and on time.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Safe driver. Because your driving record is impeccable, you’ve never hired a car before. You may be eligible for up to 10% off your next rental car and up to 23% off if you have not received any fines or moving violations in the prior five years.
- A new automobile. If you acquire or already own a new vehicle that is less than three years old, you may qualify for a discount of up to 10% on your auto insurance.
- Homeownership. Even if you do not have Travelers condo or home insurance, you may drive a hybrid/electric car. If you purchase or lease a hybrid or electric vehicle, you may qualify for a discount on your auto insurance.
Discounts for young drivers
- Good student. Travelers offers a discount to students who earn a “B” average or who rank in the top twenty percent of their class.
- Student absent from school. Students who do not drive and do not live within 100 miles of you may qualify for a 7% reduction on auto insurance.
- Driver education. After completing the course, you may anticipate saving up to 8% on your insurance costs.
Travelers insurance bundling options
Travelers allows you to bundle your insurance plans, which saves you money and simplifies your payments.
How to cancel Travelers insurance
Call 1-800-842-5075 and ask to speak with a customer service representative to cancel your Travelers insurance. Even if you are unable to get a cancellation, a Travelers insurance representative may be able to assist you. Your insurance company’s customer service agent can assist you in determining if you owe an early cancellation fee or have pre-paid for the following year’s insurance. Before terminating your current insurance, ensure that you have a substitute in place.
To cancel your Travelers insurance coverage, follow these steps:
- Please include your account number and any relevant customer information.
- Please ask that your current contract and future payments be stopped immediately.
- Give genuine answers to any further queries.
- Suggest that an email be sent to confirm the order.
Can I cancel Travelers insurance in the middle of my policy term?
Yes. Cancellation of travel insurance coverage is permitted at any moment throughout the policy’s duration. Create a backup plan before canceling your existing insurance to avoid coverage gaps. Consider browsing around and comparing costs for new coverage before terminating your existing Travelers insurance.
Travelers insurance online features
Travelers insurance policyholders can access online services through their MyTravelers® accounts. The web portal enables customers to do the following tasks:
- Report claims
- Pay bills
- Set up automatic payments
- See policy and billing info
- View/print insurance cards
Travelers mobile apps
Travelers policyholders are eligible to participate in the following programs. We previously reviewed Travelers’ telematics program in further detail in the section on auto insurance savings.
- Travelers Photo Capture Auto. The application’s user interface provides visual assistance and video lessons to help policyholders file a car claim.
- Travelers Mobile. This software allows you to manage ID cards, pay invoices, make policy changes, and more.