The General Car Insurance Company was founded in 1963 and continues to be located in Nashville, Tennessee. It may be utilized by a wide variety of people.
The General and Nationwide are both good choices for those with a questionable insurance history. As a result, the General’s fees are affordable and adaptable.
If you choose The General, the information we’ve provided regarding their automobile insurance options, discounts, and customer satisfaction may prove beneficial.
The General Insurance Rating for 2021
- Claims satisfaction — Not rated by JD Power.
- Customer satisfaction — Not rated
- Financial strength — AM Best. The General’s strong financial position guarantees that claims are paid on time and without difficulty.
- Index of NAIC Complaints — According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, there were more complaints than typical.
The General car insurance coverage options
The General also offers uninsured motorist, personal injury protection (PIP), medical costs, and liability insurance. The regular coverage options offered by this insurance are pretty comparable to those offered by other insurers.
Custom equipment coverage
Even if your car is brand new from the factory, this insurance provides up to $5,000 in coverage for custom wheels, paint, spoilers, performance improvements, trailer hitches, and camper shells.
Roadside assistance 24/7
Nation Safe Driver (NSD) oversees the General’s roadside assistance program in the event that your car breaks down or malfunctions while you’re on the road. Nation Safe Driver (NSD) oversees the General’s roadside assistance program in the event that your car breaks down or malfunctions while you’re on the road.
If your vehicle is damaged and unable to be driven while it is being repaired, the General will cover your daily and total rental car expenditures up to your daily limit.
Towing and labor
If your car breaks down and must be towed, you may be entitled for free towing.
You must provide SR-22 documents and respond “yes” to the preceding question in order to apply for the General’s position. The General will file the documentation on your behalf if your state needs it.
The General insurance discounts and reward programs
When shopping for a new vehicle insurance coverage, always search around for the best value. We’ve included discounts provided by The General below to assist you in saving money on your insurance costs. Additionally, take in mind that the statistics may vary by state.
Discounts based on your policy
- Double deductible. Your insurance prices will be reduced for the first 45 days of coverage, but your deductible will be doubled.
- Make a complete payment. When you pay your insurance premiums in full upfront, you frequently receive a discount.
- New client. You may qualify for a discount if you previously had insurance with another provider and then switched to The General.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. Insurance for several vehicles with To qualify for this discount, the General must be present.
- Homeowners. Do you believe that owning a home is a requirement? You may be eligible for a discount on your auto insurance.
- Military. Discounts may be available to military veterans and active serving service members.
- You’re performing admirably at school. To qualify for a discount, you must meet The General’s educational requirements.
- Education for drivers. The reduction may be yours if you successfully complete a court-approved course that was not ordered by the court.
Is The General car insurance right for you?
You don’t have to worry about your credit score or a history of driving infractions or accidents when you work with The General. The General may be a good option if you’re on a tight budget and unable to afford other insurance companies. Even with excellent credit and a spotless driving record, comparing prices with the General Insurance Company is a prudent move.
Due to its clients, the organization may be unable to give the most comprehensive coverage or discounts. The General provides affordable insurance coverage that should meet your needs.