Check out Safeco Car Insurance review to see whether Safeco is a suitable fit for your new insurance policy by examining our coverage options, discounts, and claims satisfaction statistics.
Safeco Car Insurance was founded as a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual in 1923 in Seattle, Washington. The company’s insurance solutions have evolved over time to encompass a diverse variety of coverage options while always placing a premium on value. Safeco offers a selection of automobile insurance plans, each with a different level of coverage and cost-saving features. According to the firm, customers may also save money by combining their home and auto insurance policy.
Customers may rest assured knowing that Liberty Mutual will honor claims. As a result of this, consumers may be put off by Safeco’s low JD Power customer satisfaction ratings. If you’re searching for affordable home and auto insurance, this is an excellent place to start.
Safeco Car Insurance Ratings
Safeco provides motorists with a number of benefits and insurance options. Customer satisfaction and complaints are inconsistent, despite the organization’s exceptional coverage options and savings in general. If you’re interested in learning more about Safeco’s vehicle insurance, continue reading.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Safeco had a low grade for customer contentment in the 2020 J.D. Power Claims Satisfaction Study.
- Satisfaction with the customer — In 2021, a J.D. Power poll discovered that Safeco consumers were mostly satisfied.
- Financial strength – Safeco is financially sound, as evidenced by its AM Best rating.
- NAIC rating — Safeco earned a higher-than-average number of complaints from the NAIC in 2019.
Safeco Pros and Cons
- On the lookout for bargains.
- Passenger drivers hired only for the purpose of generating revenue (in some states)
- Those in need of a package policy that covers both their home and automobile
- Individuals who do not wish to bundle their coverage but yet desire the best possible customer service and claims experience
- Only those in need of the most rudimentary form of protection are concerned.
Safeco Insurance bundling options
Safeco Insurance offers a number of insurance options, the majority of which are packaged together. To use Safeco’s nomenclature, this is the “Safeco Package.” This method has the potential to save you money while also simplifying the process of tracking your insurance coverage. Safeco provides a 15% savings when you combine your car, home, boat, and recreational vehicle insurance policies. If your house and auto insurance policies are combined and both are damaged in the same incident, you may just have to pay a single deductible.
Safeco car insurance coverage options
Along with the regular collision, personal injury, and other coverages, Safeco offers a variety of optional plans and coverages that may be added to your automobile insurance policy.
- Accident forgiveness. You may be eligible for accident forgiveness after a specified number of accident-free years. This is against California law.
- Decreased deductible. You may lower your yearly deductible by $100 with Safeco’s falling deductible program, often known as a disappearing deductible. You must have had no claims filed against you over the whole duration of your insurance to qualify for this prize. This is possible in a few states.
- Coverage of loan/lease gaps. If your automobile is still being paid off following a total loss, Safeco will pay the difference between the market value of the vehicle and the balance due on the loan or lease. Additionally, this is referred to as gap insurance.
- Compensation for first assistance. All automobile insurance policies contain a $10,000 first-aid reimbursement benefit if you are involved in an accident.
- Assistance with roadside emergencies. Safeco will cover the cost of towing if your car breaks down and leaves you stranded, including flat tires, lost keys, and dead batteries.
- Assistance in an emergency. In the case of a crisis, if you are involved in an accident that occurs more than 25 miles from home, your insurance coverage may be increased. Additionally, in the event of personal property damage, up to $500 is given for out-of-pocket expenses, food, lodging, and transportation.
- Automobile rental reimbursement. Safeco, a car insurance provider, will assist with the cost of a rental car if your vehicle is rendered inoperable following an accident. If you have a drivable vehicle following a claim, a rental car valet driver will transport your damaged vehicle to a repair facility and then deliver you in a rental car.
- Replacement vehicle. Safeco will compensate you for the value of your new vehicle if it is stolen or totaled. To learn more about this benefit, please visit this website.
- Coverage for pets. Safeco’s pet injury and death coverage may help with vet expenditures.
- Automobile insurance for personal property. You will be paid if any of your personal belongings are destroyed or stolen.
- Replacement of electronic keys and locks. If your electronic keys are lost or misplaced, Safeco will waive your deductible and replace them with new ones.
- Coverage of AV and bespoke equipment. This package covers your stereos, performance-enhancing or customized components, as well as the original factory equipment. Additionally, it covers your audiovisual and custom equipment.
- Safeco provides ridesharing coverage. This is an optional add-on for rideshare drivers in the states of Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington. Other states are likely to follow suit in the not-too-distant future. According to Safeco, this insurance is $10 per month.
Safeco insurance discounts and reward programs
Even if your insurance rates are already high, you should seek out and take advantage of any reductions offered by the various insurance companies with which you do business. Safeco’s discounts aren’t awful. You qualify for a variety of bonuses.
Insurance discounts based on your policy
- Multi-policy: Combining your vehicle and house insurance policies may result in savings of up to 15%.
- Pay in full at the time of purchase or renewal: You will save money if you pay your premium in full at the time of purchase or renewal.
Discounts based on your driving profile or vehicle
- Multi-car: Car insurance may be less expensive if you cover many vehicles under a single policy.
- Homeowners: You may be eligible for savings if you own a home.
- Course on accident prevention. Individuals over the age of 55 who have completed an authorized accident prevention course may qualify for a three-year discount in insurance premiums.
- Low-mileage drivers may save up to 20% on their annual expenditures (Not available in Alaska and California).
- Device anti-theft: If your car is equipped with a theft-deterrent device, you may qualify for a reduction on your insurance.
- Anti-lock braking system: If your vehicle comes equipped with four-wheel anti-lock braking, you may qualify for a discount (ABS).
Discounts for young drivers with Safeco
- Excellent student. Ascertain that you are performing well academically in order to qualify for a student discount.
- Driver education. Teenagers who complete state-approved driver education courses qualify for insurance savings.
- Student from afar. Car insurance may be less expensive for your child if they live more than 100 miles from home and do not have insurance.
- Independent for the first time. If your child was previously covered under a Safeco policy (often their parents’), they may qualify for a discount on their new Safeco coverage.
- New adolescent. You’ll save 27% on your teen’s insurance after a year as a Safeco insured.
- Tenure. If you’ve been a Safeco client for more than two years and just added an adolescent to your policy, you may qualify for this discount.
Safeco’s RightTrack telemetry service is available to customers. The corporation monitors your driving behavior for three months and utilizes the data to determine your insurance rates. If you drive carefully, you can save between 5% and 30% on your insurance costs, depending on your own and others’ driving behaviors. The company’s website, on the other hand, is vague regarding the amount of money you’ll save.
How to cancel Safeco Insurance
Terminate your Safeco Insurance coverage by contacting a local Safeco representative or agent at 1-800-332-3226. Your agent or representative may terminate your insurance coverage at any time. Whether you are forced to cancel your reservation, they can inform you of any cancellation fees or if you are eligible for a premium refund. Ensure that you have a replacement policy in place before terminating your current coverage.
Keep the following considerations in mind before canceling your Safeco insurance:
- Provide us with your insurance details and any other information necessary to assist you.
- Request that the contract, as well as any regular payments, be cancelled.
- Follow-up enquiries should be addressed candidly and openly.
- Require that a confirmation email be sent.
Can I cancel Safeco Insurance in the middle of my policy term?
Yes. If Safeco insurance is no longer required, it may be canceled. Rather than requiring you to terminate your coverage at the conclusion of the policy term, Safeco allows you to do so at any moment during the policy duration. Despite this, you should maintain a backup insurance policy before terminating your present one. Compare insurance prices with Safeco before separating to avoid premium spikes. Avoiding a fine from the Department of Motor Vehicles in your state may result in a reduction in the cost of auto insurance.
Safeco online features
Safeco’s website is straightforward and uncluttered. Additionally, the opportunity to pay bills, see policy documents, and add drivers to a policy, as well as the option to manage claims online, are accessible.
Secure Mobile is a mobile application developed by the firm for smartphones and other mobile devices. People rave about how simple it is to use and how effectively it operates. Customers of Safeco may use this app to determine if they have adequate insurance coverage, pay their monthly bills, manage claims, and see their policy documents. Discover more about an app by perusing the following list of its features.
- The app simplifies the process of contacting Safeco Roadside Assistance.
- You may use the app to picture the damage and track the status of your claim.
- Locate repair businesses, schedule an appointment with a mechanic, and secure a rental car.
- Determine the cost of repairs and the condition of your car.
Certain states may be unable to use the company’s RightTrack® telematics service and associated mobile application.