However, this insurance company is only available in six states, despite the fact that it sells a wide selection of products and offers several discounts. Let’s have a look at this Plymouth Rock Car Insurance review to see what they have to offer.
Plymouth Rock Insurance Pros and Cons
- Contrary to common assumption, the industry has a strong financial management track record.
- When customers have more options for auto and home insurance plans, they have a greater ability to customize their coverage.
- Homeowners insurance is reasonably priced.
- Only available in a small portion of the nation
- Teenagers and young adults pay higher automobile insurance premiums as a result of the increased risk they offer.
- Drivers who have moving violations and are at fault for accidents pay a higher rate than those who do not have such fines or violations.
Plymouth Rock auto insurance review
Plymouth Rock Assurance is an insurance company with locations around the United States. By choosing Plymouth Rock for your auto insurance, you’ll save both time and money. Despite its small clientele, Plymouth Rock offers superior auto insurance options and considerable reductions that are competitive with industry norms. Plymouth Rock customers who insure their automobiles are eligible for one-time taxi fare coverage and claim processing via mobile devices. When policyholders elect to purchase additional optional coverage, they have additional discretionary authority.
Plymouth Rock received minimal complaints, which contributed to the company’s financial strength, but consumers were dissatisfied with the company’s performance.
- J.D. Power Rating — According to the J.D. Power car insurance customer satisfaction study, Plymouth Rock had a below-average rating in the mid-Atlantic and New England areas of the United States.
- Financial strength — AM Best has assigned Plymouth Rock an A+ rating, signifying strong financial health and the ability to pay claims.
- NAIC Rating — Significantly less than the national average. Plymouth Rock got less customer complaints than the national average by NAIC.
Where is Plymouth Rock car insurance available?
Based in New Jersey Plymouth Rock Car Insurance is a vehicle insurance company having locations in several major cities around the state, including Boston, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and New York.
Plymouth Rock car insurance coverage options
Plymouth Rock may cover accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists, depending on your coverage. Along with the usual insurance benefits, Plymouth Rock offers four levels of additional coverage, each with its own set of benefits.
Essential Assurance, which is a necessary component of every insurance, contains the following:
- Crashbusters® mobile claim service. A claim agent will pay you a visit, regardless of your location, to evaluate the damage.
- Valet service that travels to your location. Auto Repair Plymouth Rock will come and pick up your vehicle, transport it to the shop, and then deliver it back to you after the repairs are completed.
- Guaranteed repair. You are covered for repair service for the duration of your ownership or lease of your vehicle, regardless of which of Plymouth Rock’s authorized repair shops does the work.
- Return to Your Residence® in Safety. This coverage option includes a one-way home transportation benefit of up to $50.
- Utilization of internet-based services. When policyholders manage insurance plans online, they may do tasks such as searching for ID cards, updating personal information, and tracking claims.
- Pledge of Assurance®. If Plymouth Rock falls short of your customer service requirements, it will donate $25 to a charity of your choice.
The Plus plan includes protection, the ability to combine it with Preferred or Premier, and other benefits.
- Additional rental coverage. Your daily limit for a rental vehicle is increased.
- Mobile device and laptop replacement. If your phone, tablet, or laptop is damaged in an insured accident, you will not be required to pay a deductible and the device will be repaired or replaced (up to the specified amount).
- Pet injury coverage. If a policyholder’s dog or cat sustains harm as a consequence of a covered loss, the policyholder may be eligible for reimbursement for vet care or other expenditures.
- Seatbelt/airbag benefits. If a passenger was fastened by a seatbelt and an active airbag deployed, they may be eligible for a death benefit in addition to the standard death benefit.
- Child car seat replacement. If your child’s car seat is damaged in a covered accident, Plymouth Rock will pay for its replacement (up to the specified amount).
- Personal property coverage. This deductible-free coverage protects damaged personal goods not covered by the mobile device and laptop replacement benefits.
- Waiver of collision deductible. If you are not at fault in an accident involving another Plymouth Rock insured, you are not required to pay your collision deductible.
- Enhanced bail bond coverage. If you suffer an accident while out on bail, you will be eligible for a higher basic insurance limit.
- Loss of earnings coverage. You will be compensated for any typical income lost as a consequence of an injury while attending a trial or hearing.
- Deductible waiver for glass repairs. Your deductible is waived for car glass repair as long as the damage is less than a quarter in size and the result of an accident is covered under your insurance.
The essential benefits of Essential Assurance are supplemented by the following additional features:
- Roadside assistance. In the event that you become trapped on the highway, towing assistance and battery servicing are included. It is only available to citizens of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Deductible waiver for windshield replacement. If you need to replace your windshield as a consequence of a covered loss, there is no deductible.
- Additional towing and labor coverage. If your insurance already covers towing and labor, this will provide you an extra year of coverage.
- Waiver of depreciation. The cost of repairing or replacing a damaged component is not deductible in the event of an accident.
- Airbag accidental discharge coverage. Plymouth Rock will pay to repair or replace the airbag as long as it was not deployed as a result of a covered incident.
- Pet injury coverage. Your pet’s veterinary care and other costs will be covered if it is injured in an accident.
When you add Assurance Premier, you also get the following additional benefits:
- Roadside assistance. If you’re stuck on the road and in need of assistance, roadside assistance can deliver fuel, replace a dead battery, and unlock your car. Customers in Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut may purchase this product.
- Deductible Dollars®. Even if no claim is filed, policyholders are eligible for a $50 annual deductible credit.
- Trip interruption insurance is included. If a covered loss requires you to travel more than 100 miles from home, you will be compensated for your hotel and meal expenses.
- Replacement vehicle. Even if your automobile is totaled, your insurance will cover the cost of replacing it with a vehicle of comparable make, model, and year.
- Plus one automobile replacement. If your vehicle was less than two years old at the time of the accident, you will receive a brand-new one.
- Coverage of loan/lease gaps. It will cover the difference between what you owe on your lease or loan and the value of your vehicle if it is totaled. This policy does not cover the purchase of a new vehicle or the replacement of an existing one.
- Key replacement by electronic means. Plymouth Rock will cover the cost of a replacement electronic key if your current one is lost or stolen.
Additional optional coverages from Plymouth Rock
At Plymouth Rock, you may add upgrades and endorsements to your insurance a la carte.
- Accident forgiveness. If you qualify for a Plymouth Rock policy renewal and have a surcharge able accident, your rates will not increase.
- Complete coating of the glass. Comprehensive deductibles will be waived on claims that only cover glass.
- There is a $100 glass deductible. Your $100 deductible for glass-only claims will be waived.
- Deductible waived. Plymouth Rock’s collision deductible waiver is accessible in three states: Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
- Replacement vehicle. If your vehicle is two years old or newer, New Automobile Replacement will replace it with a completely new one (same model year, make and model).
- Coverage of loan/lease gaps. If you are involved in an accident and your vehicle is totaled, the insurance proceeds may not be sufficient to cover the remaining debt on your loan or lease. Deductions must be made for vehicle degradation. Plymouth
Rock will pay the difference between the car’s market value and the purchase price.
Plymouth Rock auto insurance discounts
Plymouth Rock provides a variety of popular discounts to help you save money on vehicle insurance. States provide varying degrees of discounting.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Bundling. Plymouth Rock Insurance provides significant discounts on homeowners, condominium, and renters insurance products.
- Multi-car. Increase your savings even further by bundling the insurance on multiple vehicles.
- Devices for anti-theft/passive restraint. Insurance costs may be reduced by installing safety equipment such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and seatbelts.
- A brand-new driver. This discount is available to motorists under the age of 19 who are insured on your policy and have had two years of continuous insurance coverage.
- Driver with caution. Individuals with a clean driving record may qualify for reduced insurance prices.
- At school. To qualify for the student discount, you or any other named insured must be away at school and not have frequent access to the covered vehicle.
- Driver education. To qualify for this discount, drivers must complete a state-approved driver instruction course.
- Enhancement of the driver. Over-55 drivers receive a discount on driver development courses.
- Excellent student. Students who earn a “B” average in secondary and postsecondary school may qualify for a premium discount.
- Five years without a claim. Senior citizens with a clean driving record qualify for a discount.
Discounts based on your policy
- Advanced shopper. You may be able to save some money on your insurance by purchasing it a few days prior to its effective date.
- Completely paid. If you purchase your insurance in one single amount rather than in monthly installments, you may qualify for this popular discount.
- Paperless. A discount is available to individuals who sign up for email delivery of insurance documentation.
- Affinity or alumni organizations. Individuals who join affinity or alumni organizations may qualify for discounts under certain circumstances.
- Automobile club. Members of registered vehicle clubs may qualify for a small reduction on car insurance.
Plymouth Rock Insurance vs. Competitors
- Plymouth Rock. $138
- Allstate. $170
- Farmers. $131
- GEICO. $94
- Nationwide. $90
- Progressive. $104
- State Farm. $108
Plymouth Rock bundling options
If you want assistance with anything other than auto insurance, Plymouth Rock can assist you.
How to cancel a Plymouth Rock insurance policy
Depending on your location, you may be able to cancel your insurance policy by contacting Plymouth Rock’s customer care department. The webpage includes contact information for the business. If you cancel your insurance coverage before its expiration date, you may be eligible for a refund of any unused premium payments.
Can I cancel my Plymouth Rock policy online?
At the moment, online termination of your insurance coverage is not available. To initiate the cancellation process, you must contact your insurance provider directly.
Plymouth Rock online features and app
Plymouth Rock’s website is straightforward to use and provides a plethora of information about the company. Consumers will benefit from comparing automotive insurance coverage and discounts by visiting one of the company’s six locations. You may contact an insurance agent in person or by phone for further information on homeowner’s insurance.
Policyholders may manage their policies online, just like they do with other insurance companies, by creating an account on this insurance company’s website. Customers of Plymouth Rock’s auto and home insurance plans may easily access their policies via a smartphone application (available for iOS and Android). The following are some of the app’s highlights.
- View policy and billing details
- Claims management
- Access proof of insurance
- Contact an agent or claims representative