MetLife Insurance Company offers a diverse range of insurance products, including Metlife vehicle insurance, as well as home and other forms of property and liability insurance. MetLife insurance also offers additional insurance products, including dental, vision, and
The insurance firm with its headquarters in New York was founded in 1868 and has a lengthy history in the insurance industry. Consider the coverage options and discounts that MetLife auto insurance offers to see if it is the best option for you. Let us delve a bit further to discover more.
MetLife Insurance Review for 2021
- JD Power Rating —The standard deviation is far larger than the actual results. According to JD Power, MetLife’s total customer and claim satisfaction was below average.
- Financial stability — Exceptional. AM Best displays MetLife’s ability to pay claims. Its “A” grade attests to the solidity of its financial situation.
- NAIC Classification — The standard deviation is far larger than the actual results. According to the NAIC, more complaints against MetLife were made in 2019 than in previous years.
MetLife car insurance coverage options
MetLife’s auto insurance policies provide standard features such as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection (PIP), and rental car reimbursement in addition to collision and liability coverage. The table below summarizes MetLife’s vehicle insurance policy options and add-ons for various types of drivers. Please keep this in mind if you reside in a state where some of these options are unavailable. Consult your MetLife sales representative prior to purchasing any type of policy.
- New car replacement. MetLife will repair or replace your new car if the total loss happens during the first year of ownership or 15,000 miles (whichever comes first). This limitation does not apply to autos rented for more than six months or non-owned automobiles.
- Special parts replacement coverage. MetLife will replace selected automobile components at no cost to the policyholder in the case of an insured loss. The coverage is void if any of the following items are lost or stolen: tires, batteries, braking components, steering components, or electrical wiring. MetLife will reimburse replacement costs without regard for accumulated depreciation. MetLife will reimburse the cost of replacement.
- Enhanced rental car damage coverage. You’ll be covered if a covered loss results in damage to your rental car. When renting a car via MetLife, any additional expenses such as fines and charges, diminished market value, or loss of usage as a consequence of damage will be discussed with the rental agency.
- Glass repairs without a deductible. Even the strongest among us are susceptible to vehicle glass damage. MetLife will pay for the repair while waiving your deductible as long as your windshield is protected.
- Roadside assistance service and towing reimbursement. MetLife will cover towing and roadside assistance if your car breaks down on the highway.
- Coverage for leases or loans with a gap. MetLife will pay off your car if it is totaled in an accident, regardless of how much debt you still owe on your lease or loan.
- Coverage of legal defense costs. If you are sued, MetLife will pay your legal expenses and compensate you for missed wages up to $200 per day.
MetLife insurance discounts and reward programs
When looking for vehicle insurance, seek cost-cutting measures, and MetLife offers several options. Additionally, keep in mind that they may vary based on your location in the world.
- Deductible savings benefit. Earnings up to $250 can be used to your deductible if you go one year without filing a claim and earn $50 each subsequent year.
- Discount for several policies. Purchasing multiple insurance plans from the same firm may result in cost savings. MetLife offers a 10% discount on several forms of insurance, including auto, home, and life.
- Discount for several vehicles. You’ll save money if you insure more than two vehicles with the same insurer. For further information, contact a MetLife representative.
- Excellent student discount. If you’re in the market for new auto insurance, your academic accomplishments may qualify you to specific discounts. Students must be under the age of 25 and attending full-time in a recognized high school, community college, four-year institution, graduate school, or vocational or technical program to qualify for the MetLife good student discount.
- Discount for students who travel. Students under the age of 25 may qualify for these savings if they fulfill specific MetLife conditions, which include residing at least 100 miles from home and having minimal use of the covered car. Saving money on insurance is a wise option if you don’t drive much but want the security of knowing you’re insured if you do.
- Discount for superior drivers. MetLife provides a discount to drivers who maintain an excellent driving record.
- Discount for defensive drivers. If you have had your license for at least two years and successfully completed a MetLife-approved defensive driving course, you may qualify for a three-year discount. By enrolling in this course, you may develop into a more careful and safe driver, since it teaches and reinforces safe driving practices and procedures. This course is totally online.
Safety and anti-theft devices discount
Installing a theft-deterrent or safety device, such as passive or active disablers, may qualify you for a discount on your MetLife vehicle insurance.
My Journey® program
MetLife’s telematics solution, My Journey®, is now accessible in a limited number of states. You may log your travels, evaluate your driving tendencies, and view your total driving grade using the mobile app. By registering, you may save up to 10% on your vehicle insurance, and up to 30% if you have a clean driving record when it’s time to renew. For a limited time (six months), you may qualify for a reduced insurance rate.
Is MetLife the best insurance company for you?
If you’re looking for auto insurance, MetLife can assist you. Insuring with this firm assures that you will be taken care of if anything goes wrong. Certain MetLife auto insurance features, such as no-deductible replacement of specific components and glass repairs, may come in useful if you’re involved in a minor accident.
If you require new vehicle insurance, shop around for the greatest offer. Insurance companies determine your rate based on a variety of factors, including your age, geographic region, driving record, and credit score. As a result, premiums charged by different insurers may vary dramatically. Insurance for your circumstances and vehicles requires you to select a coverage that is both inexpensive and provides the protection you require.