Mercury Car Insurance is a Los Angeles-based multi-line insurance company that specializes in vehicle and home insurance. Mercury Insurance was created in 1961 by George Joseph, a seasoned insurance executive. After departing California, Arizonian Nevadas rapidly spread into an additional 10 states. Floridians are Georgians, and Illinoisans are Illinoisans. Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, New Jersey, and New York are all constituent states of the United States of America.
Mercury Insurance review for 2021
- Claims satisfaction — Poor. Mercury Insurance obtained a below-average score from J.D. Power & Associates.
- Customer Satisfaction – in the 2020 Claims Satisfaction Study – unfortunately, this is a negative. Mercury’s customer satisfaction rating in 2021 will be below average, according to J.D. Power.
- Superior financial strength. Mercury’s financial health is excellent, as evidenced by their A.M. Best rating, and the company can be depended upon to make timely insurance claim payouts.
- NAIC Rating – Exceeds the industry standard. Mercury got less complaints in 2020 than the industry as a whole, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Mercury car insurance coverage options
Mercury auto insurance covers the standard coverages such as comprehensive and collision coverage, liability, medical costs, and personal injury protection (PIP). Additional insurance kinds are explored in greater detail lower down the page.
Rental car coverage
Automobile insurance plans increasingly include riders that cover the cost of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired as a consequence of an accident covered by the policy. Coverage is subject to daily limits of $30 to $100, with a maximum duration of 30 days.
If you work for an Uber or Lyft-affiliated company, this policy gives additional peace of mind for you and your clients. Because your personal car insurance does not cover business driving as a rideshare driver, it’s a no-brainer to get ridesharing insurance.
Mercury insurance discounts and reward programs
Mercury frequently gives discounts, so it’s a good idea to check to see if you qualify prior to making a purchase. Bear in mind that these discounts may not be available in all areas.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multi-policy. Mercury insurance offers a 15% savings when auto and house coverage are combined.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. If you have more than one vehicle insured, you may qualify for a multi-car discount.
- Good driver. If you have an accident-free driving record, your Mercury insurance policy may include a good driver discount.
- Good student. Student discounts are offered to students with a minimum 3.0 GPA in high school or college.
- Occupational. It’s probable that your employer qualifies you for a discount.
- Autopay. Your rate may reduce if you set up automatic payments.
- E-signature. Mercury Insurance Company may offer you a discount if you submit your application online.
- Anti-theft feature. If your vehicle is equipped with anti-theft devices or features, you may qualify for a discount.
- RealDrive® program. By enrolling in this program, you will receive a 5% discount on your initial payment. Mercury calculates your fee based on your mileage history.
Mercury car insurance mobile app
Customers may manage their accounts and policies on the move with Mercury’s mobile app (available for Apple and Android). Customers may access Mercury’s smartphone app, which is comparable to those offered by a large number of other insurance companies.
- Access digital insurance ID cards
- Pay bills
- Summon roadside assistance
- Get in contact with an agent or customer service
Is Mercury car insurance right for you?
For people who do not require additional coverage, a normal Mercury Insurance insurance is sufficient. Mercury’s auto insurance discounts are fairly competitive in comparison to those given by other insurance companies.
Is Mercury’s auto insurance, however, reasonably priced and cost-effective?
As a result, when the time comes to renew your automobile insurance, you should shop about it.