While MAPFRE Car Insurance offers a variety of discounts, little else distinguishes it as an auto insurance provider from competitors that offer a broader range of coverage options and more distinctive discounts.
MAPFRE car insurance review
- Claims satisfaction — Not rated by JD Power.
- Customer satisfaction — Not rated
- Financial Strength — MAPFRE has been assigned an A rating by financial rating agency AM Best.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. MAPFRE got considerably more customer complaints than the industry average in 2020, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
MAPFRE coverage options
MAPFRE Insurance offers all of the typical vehicle insurance choices offered by the majority of major providers. There are several types of coverage available, including liability, medical payments, collision, comprehensive, automobile rental, roadside assistance, and uninsured motorist. However, MAPFRE vehicle plans offer a variety of additional benefits to clients. Consider some of the company’s available alternatives below.
Unique MAPFRE auto insurance programs
MAPFRE Insurance provides a variety of “Value Programs” that serve as a compelling reason to purchase MAPFRE coverage.
- Disappearing deductible — MAPFRE’s option for a vanishing deductible allows you to save up to $300 on your auto insurance deductible. You get credits for each year of safe driving.
- Accident forgiveness – MAPFRE provides an option for accident forgiveness. If you purchase accident forgiveness at the start of your policy, you will not see an increase in your vehicle insurance premiums if you cause an accident.
- MAPFRE Insurance’s auto glass repair program streamlines the process of repairing glass-only damages to windows or the windshield. It collaborates with the American Commerce Claim Service Center to expeditiously repair or replace damaged glass.
- Car EZ® — MAPFRE Insurance’s CAR EZ® Program aims to make car repairs “simple, straightforward, and stress-free.” This may be a viable choice for people in need of an accelerated repair service.
- ePICS – According to MAPFRE Insurance, ePICS eliminates the need for consumers to visit an assessment facility by allowing you to take images of your car and upload them using the MAPFRE Insurance app.
- TeenSMART® — MAPFRE Insurance launched the teenSMART safe driver program to teach adolescents about safe driving behaviors. TeenSMART provides interactive computer-based instruction to assist younger drivers in developing their driving skills. This might also help you save money on your vehicle insurance.
MAPFRE insurance discounts
MAPFRE offers a plethora of discount opportunities. This is unquestionably a benefit for insurance customers on the lookout for ways to conserve money.
Discounts based on your policy
- Multi-policy discount: Bundling auto and home insurance
- Paperless discount
Discounts based on your vehicle or driver profile:
- Multi-car discount
- Annual mileage
- Good student
- Student away from home
- Clean in Three discount
- Smart Driver discount