Liberty Mutual, one of the country’s major insurers, may save you money while offering comprehensive coverage, but it may fall short in other areas. Read our Liberty Mutual Car Insurance review.
Liberty Mutual Pros and Cons
- Add-ons to your automobile insurance policy that may assist protect both you and your vehicle Insurance for your automobile and house may be less expensive than you believe.
- Automobile insurance policies that incorporate telematics and charge based on usage are now available.
- Has a poor track record of customer service.
- This plan may not fulfill your needs if you’re looking for additional features or coverage.
- Young drivers incur enormous insurance premiums in comparison to the national average.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance review
Liberty Mutual, the fourth biggest property and casualty insurer in the United States, was formed in 1912 and has grown to become a household name.
Along with local sales personnel, Liberty Mutual’s website offers coverage throughout the United States. Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual’s coverage options, discounts, and premiums are comparable to those of other large, diversified insurance companies of comparable size and scope. A closer examination of Liberty Mutual’s claims and customer service procedures indicates that they are not the greatest, despite the company’s strong financial position and low complaint rate.
- Claims satisfaction — The data include an excessive amount of variability, as seen by the high standard deviation. In the most recent J.D. Power survey, customer satisfaction with Liberty Mutual’s claims processing system was lower than the industry average.
- Customer satisfaction — In comparison to the competitors, this is outstanding. J.D. Power rated Liberty Mutual’s overall customer service higher than the industry average in its 2021 study.
- Financial strength — In other words, Liberty Mutual’s robust financial condition enables it to continue paying insurance claims as usual according to AM Best.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. According to the NAIC, Liberty Mutual received more complaints than any other significant insurance business.
Liberty Mutual car insurance coverage options
In the United States, every Liberty Mutual automobile insurance policy includes liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Here are a few Liberty Mutual insurance products that you may be unfamiliar with.
Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund®
By purchasing this add-on plan, policyholders can reduce their yearly deductible by $100. (US).
Liberty Mutual accident forgiveness
After your first accident, you will not be able to increase your coverage through accident forgiveness or other optional options. Must have an accident-free five-year driving record (not available in California).
Liberty Mutual lifetime repair guarantee
Repairs are covered for as long as you possess the car in accordance with the insurance policy’s provisions. To fulfill your needs, the United States offers over 2,000 Guaranteed Repair Network facilities.
Liberty Mutual new or better car replacement
If you pick this coverage option, Liberty Mutual will replace your destroyed car with a brand-new one that has fewer than 15,000 miles on it. To qualify, your vehicle must be less than a year old and have fewer than 15,000 miles on it.
Rental car reimbursement through Liberty Mutual
If your vehicle is damaged in an accident covered by this insurance, you will be compensated for the cost of a rental automobile. The quantity of coverage offered varies by state.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
If you’re looking for insurance that won’t leave you stranded, look no further. Liberty Mutual offers the following roadside assistance services:
- Flat tires
- Dead batteries
- No gas
Auto loan/lease gap
Policyholders are only liable for the car’s worth if it is totaled. Additionally, it is referred to as “gap insurance” since it compensates you for the difference between what Liberty Mutual estimates your car is worth and the amount owed on the loan.
Original parts replacement
Following a claim, this coverage will replace your vehicle’s components with authentic manufacturer’s parts.
Coverage for teachers
If your vehicle or instructional materials are destroyed or stolen, this supplementary insurance will cover the cost of repair or replacement. It was created with educators and instructors in mind.
Liberty Mutual Mexico car insurance coverage
Liberty Mutual offers Mexico travel insurance.
Liberty Mutual and Turo
Members of Turo’s car-sharing service are covered by a Liberty Mutual vehicle insurance policy. Turo is not a standard rental firm, but a peer-to-peer vehicle sharing service. Renting a vehicle raises the vexing issue of insurance. Insurance coverage options for persons who drive a personal automobile for professional purposes are relatively restricted. With three distinct cover options, it’s simple to locate what you need.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance discounts
These extra coverages and features are offered at a discounted rate to Liberty Mutual auto insurance customers: By making even a few of these little modifications, you may be able to save money on your monthly insurance costs.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Accident-free. Liberty Mutual may offer a discount to safe drivers with an impeccable driving record.
- Violation-free. If your driving record is spotless and devoid of violations, you may be eligible for discounts.
- Various forms of energy. Liberty Mutual provides a discount to drivers of environmentally friendly vehicles, such as hybrids and electric vehicles.
- Anti-theft mechanism. This discount is available if your vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft system.
- Superior safety features. Electronic stability control, adaptive headlamps, and anti-lock braking systems are also eligible discount candidates.
- Shopper who arrives early. Request a quote from Liberty Mutual prior to the expiration of your current policy to determine whether you qualify for a discount when the policy ends.
- Military. Individuals who have served in the military may qualify for reduced insurance premiums via Liberty Mutual. Liberty Mutual may give a military discount to members of the armed services on active duty, reserve, and retired status.
- Homeowner. If you’re a homeowner, you may be eligible for insurance discounts.
- Excellent student. Student membership charges may be greatly lowered if they achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- Student absent from school. If you use your car only for school-related purposes, you may qualify for a student discount.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling/multi-policy. Consider combining numerous Liberty Mutual plans to receive the most popular insurance discount while also saving time and money. Policyholders frequently combine their auto and house insurance policies.
- Multi-car. All of your cars are insured under a single Liberty Mutual insurance, which saves you money if you have a large fleet.
- Bank transfer payment. To qualify for this discount, you must establish automatic payments and link your bank account.
- Pay-in-full. One or two monthly payments will result in significant savings on your insurance.
- Purchase on the internet. Customers who purchase insurance through the Liberty Mutual website may qualify for a discount.
- Paperless. Policyholders who prefer to handle their accounts online rather than on paper may be eligible for a modest discount.
Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
Liberty Mutual offers auto insurance in 45 states and the District of Columbia.
Liberty Mutual vs. Competitors
- Liberty Mutual. $144
- GEICO. $100
- Allstate. $169
- Nationwide. $119
Liberty Mutual bundling options
Bundling insurance coverage may save you money by requiring only one payment. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company provides a broad range of insurance products, including automobile insurance.
How to cancel a Liberty Mutual insurance policy
To end an account, contact Liberty Mutual at 1-800-290-8711 and talk with a customer service representative. Depending on your state, you may be charged cancellation costs or receive a refund. Liberty Mutual’s website, which may be visited here, has further information.
Can I cancel my Liberty Mutual policy online?
Call 1-800-290-8711 to speak with a customer service representative about canceling your Liberty Mutual insurance.
Liberty Mutual online features and app
As with the websites of many other well-known insurance companies, Liberty Mutual’s website may provide pricing for a variety of insurance products and assist clients in customizing their coverage to meet their unique needs. Liberty Mutual Insurance Additional features of the website include the following:
- Comparing insurance quotes for your car, home, condo, or apartment is an excellent method to save money.
- Claims management entails the filing and tracking of claims.
- Account administration entails a variety of tasks, including paying payments, examining policy documents, and obtaining proof of insurance cards.
- Local representatives to be identified
With the Liberty Mutual mobile app, you can manage your bills, handle claims, and carry digital insurance ID cards in the same way as you do online (available for Apple and Android devices).