Here’s our Jaguar XJ Car Insurance Rates for you. The cost of insurance may be higher if you own an XJ car. The premium car has a high price tag, but it’s also easy to break into and doesn’t last very long. The XJ, on the other hand, might be able to get a discount because it has a lot of safety features. Jaguar XJ car insurance costs $1,896 a year, or $1,896 per month. The average monthly cost is $158. $470 more than the national average, which is $1,426, according to the Census Bureau, is what this cost costs each year.
How do I compare insurance for the XJ?
Insurance costs may go up if you buy a Jaguar XJ because of its size and price. In addition to this, think about the following:
- Body type. The Jaguar XJ is a line of high-end sedans that come in different trim levels. There is more weight in a sedan because of its body, which could raise your insurance rate. In the event of an accident, heavier cars are thought to be more dangerous because they have more energy to put out.
- The price. The price of this car is high for a sedan, but it’s not bad for a high-end luxury sports car. About $76,000 is what it costs to buy a ticket at the beginning.
- Theft. In the past, many XJ’s have been stolen, making them a high-value target for thieves. To fight the rise in theft rates, think about getting comprehensive insurance.
- Fuel. This car gets 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway.
- Maintenance. It comes with every new XJ Jaguar that is sold, and it’s free.
- Coverage. After an accident, you don’t want to have to pay for repairs out of your own pocket. You might want to think about increasing your policy’s maximum limits and getting more insurance. They include loan/lease gap coverage for when you don’t have enough money for your loan or lease, as well as collision, uninsured/underinsured drivers, and more.
- Warranty. This car comes with a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty that covers scheduled maintenance and roadside help.
Does the Jaguar XJ qualify for discounts?
This car has a lot of safety features, which could lower your insurance rate:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Parking sensors
- Rear collision warning
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot sensor
- Back-up camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJ?
When it comes to crashes, reliability, and recalls, the XJ is known for being unreliable because of these things.
- Safety. People who drive the XJ can’t see how well it did in crash tests from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This is because neither the safety group, nor many other Jaguar cars, have been officially checked out.
- Reliability. In terms of how likely this car is to be reliable, J.D. Power only gives it two out of five stars.
- Recalls. A lot of things have gone wrong with the XJ. These include problems with software that affects airbag calibration, bad wiper arms, problems with the alignment of the rear wheels, leaking brake fluid, and problems with the battery positive cable.
Insurers charge a lot for this Jaguar XJ, but it comes with a lot of safety features to make up for the high cost.