The 2020 Hyundai Santa Cruz will be the company’s first truck. For people who live in cities and want to be active, the Tucson will be used as a base and start at around $18,000. Hyundai Santa Cruz car insurance costs are expected to be between $170 and $190 per month, but it’s not set in stone yet. There is a 10 to 12 percent rise in insurance costs every year. It’s a pickup truck, so the percentage is almost three times the national average of 4%.
How do I compare insurance for the Hyundai Santa Cruz?
If you look at the Hyundai line, Santa Cruz is a brand-new model in every market. As a result, insurance companies won’t be able to figure out premiums based on information about a specific model. There are a lot of companies that use data from Tucson to figure out how much Santa Cruz will cost because it was built on the same principles.
- Body type. People in the United States have never seen a crossover pickup truck before. Santa Cruz is the first one. Typically, insurance costs for SUVs are lower than for pickup trucks. The price of insurance for a new model is expected to be more in line with the prices for pickup trucks.
- Fuel. The Santa Cruz will save you money at the gas station because it is expected to get more than 30 mpg. However, if you ever need to have your battery serviced or changed, the higher cost of the new parts may not be worth the savings.
- Thieves’ rates. So, you might think that the Santa Cruz will also be less likely to be stolen, which means lower insurance costs.
- Maintenance. RepairPal says that the annual maintenance costs for a car like the Tucson are $426. Insurance premiums go down when maintenance costs go down.
- Coverage. Insuring a new car may cost more because you’ll likely need collision and comprehensive coverage to pay for the whole cost of the car, which can add up.
- Warranty. Hyundai has a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty or a ten-year/100,000-mile unlimited mileage warranty. You can choose which one you want. Your choice. To save money, you can wait until the warranty on your car runs out before you buy roadside assistance, since both options come with it.
- The manufacturer has a deal. At the time of this writing, Hyundai has not made any deals for the Santa Cruz. However, the automaker often offers deals like 0% APR financing on its newest cars.
Does Santa Cruz qualify for discounts?
As long as your Santa Cruz has at least one of the following safety features, you should be able to get a discount on your insurance for having a safe car.
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft device
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Hyundai Santa Cruz?
It will be at least a year before the Santa Cruz gets official reliability and safety ratings, but other cars, like the Hyundai Tucson, can give us a sense of how well it will do. It will be at least a year before the Santa Cruz gets official reliability and safety ratings, but other cars, like the Hyundai Tucson, can give us a sense of how well it will do.
- Safety. Every year, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration give Hyundai cars good safety scores (NHTSA). The IIHS and NHTSA both gave the 2019 Tucson a 5-star overall safety rating, and the IIHS called it a “Top Safety Pick+,” which means it is very safe.
- Reliability. According to J.D. Power, the 2019 Tucson got 78 out of 100 points overall, and it got an 85 out of 100 score for dependability. However, Hyundai’s Santa Cruz pickup truck will be the company’s first truck, even though other Hyundai SUVs have been praised for their dependability.
- Recalls. Hyundai has had to recall Santa Fe cars before. The most recent recall was in 2017. Chances are that Santa Cruz will be recalled because it is a new truck model for the company.
The Hyundai Santa Cruz pick-up truck will be released in 2020. This is the first vehicle from the Korean automaker in this class. Insurers will charge a lot for this car because it is new. This should make it a good choice for city dwellers because of its small size and low price.
Before you add your Santa Cruz to your insurance, make sure to look around for the best prices.