It costs an average of $134 per month, or $1,608. Chevy Equinox car insurance rates work out to $1,608 per year. Your exact cost is based on your driving history, the number of miles you drive each year, your age and gender, and other factors, such as how long you have been driving. A lot of people like the Equinox because it’s one of Chevrolet’s middle-priced cars, which helps keep insurance costs down. It will also help you save money on insurance because it has a lot of safety features and doesn’t need a lot of work.
How to compare Chevy Equinox car insurance rates?
When you’re looking at insurance options for your Chevy Equinox, think about the following things, too:
- Price. In this case, because the Chevy Equinox is a mid-priced car, you may want to find a balance between coverage options and the cost of your insurance.
- Deductibles. With a bigger deductible for your Equinox, you might save money by not having to pay as much in insurance. But there’s a downside: You’ll need the deductible amount on hand in case of an accident.
- Coverage. Check to see if your insurance meets the minimum requirements in your state. Think about collision and comprehensive insurance if your car has a more expensive trim package.
- Warranty. There are a lot of things the manufacturer can do for you. It’s free for new Chevy Equinox cars that come with a five-year powertrain limited warranty from the manufacturer to get Chevrolet’s free 24/7 roadside assistance and courtesy transportation service if something goes wrong.
What factors affect car insurance for the Chevrolet Equinox?
For more than a decade, the Chevrolet Equinox has been making cars. It is now in its third generation, which began in 2005. For its roomy cabin and smooth ride, the small SUV is well-known. There were about 242,000 sales in the United States in 2016.
The new Chevy Equinox comes in four different trim packages, and which one you choose could affect how much your insurance costs.
- L-model. The Chevrolet Equinox comes with front-wheel drive as standard. Because the L doesn’t have all-wheel drive, it may cost more to insure than the LS, which does.
- The Equinox LS is made by Chevy. One of the most important things you can do to your LS is to go from FWD to AWD, which could save you $200 or $300 a year on insurance.
- For the Chevy Equinox LT, If you want, you can get the LT in either a FWD or AWD version. Both have high intensity discharge (HID) headlights and LED lights on the back. This package comes with optional advanced driver aids, which may help you get a discount on your insurance.
- Chevrolet Equinox Premier. The Premier package is available in both FWD and AWD configurations, and it comes with a lot of extras that make it more expensive to buy and insure.
Does the Chevrolet Equinox qualify for insurance discounts?
Yes. The base trim package comes with a lot of features that could help you save money, like:
- An anti theft alarm system
- Traction control
- Electronic stability control
If your Chevrolet Equinox is an AWD model and has driver-assist technology, you could get a discount on your insurance.
Reliability and safety ratings for the Chevrolet Equinox
In JD Power’s report, the Chevrolet Equinox gets 5 out of 5 stars for being reliable, but only 2 for how well the car’s engine parts work. Most people who write about their Chevy Equinox on the internet say it’s a good car, even though it’s cheap.
Another good thing about this car is that it has good safety ratings, with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration giving it a 4 out of 5 overall safety rating and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety giving it a very good grade (IIHS).
Three things are wrong with the 2018 Chevy Equinox.
- Possibility of a broken fuel line, which could start a fire.
- There is a chance that the drive shaft could break, which could make the car roll away and make it more likely to hit something.
- Driver and front passenger windows that may not be properly tempered, which could make them more dangerous if they break.
Chevy Equinox maintenance
The Chevrolet Equinox is a small SUV that gets good gas mileage and costs less to run than bigger SUVs, trucks, and high-end sports cars. Expect to pay average to below-average prices for things like oil changes, brake pad replacement, and new tires when you do simple things like that.
This is better than the national average of 23 miles per gallon for small cars. Your Equinox should get up to 28 miles per gallon in the city, and 39 miles per gallon on the highway.
Should you buy a Chevy Equinox?
Chevy Equinox is a small SUV that is more efficient and cheaper to keep up than bigger SUVs, trucks, and high-end sports cars. You can expect to pay average to below-average prices for things like oil changes, brake pad replacement, and new tires for the things that happen every so often.
This is better than the national average for small cars, which is 23 miles per gallon. Your Equinox should get up to 28 miles per gallon in the city and 39 on the highway.