Monthly auto insurance premiums for a 2020 Audi A3 are an average of $205.13, or $2,461.53 per year. Your real costs will vary according to your driving history, car type, and geographic location. Below is our Audi A3 car insurance review.
How to compare insurance for the Audi A3
If you want coverage that is tailored to your specific needs, you might consider purchasing Audi A3 insurance. The majority of major insurance providers should provide coverage for this type of car. When selecting an insurance coverage, it is vital to understand what you are searching for. Consider a range of various criteria, including cost, while making an educated assessment of your selections.
- Price. While price is critical, it is best to use a tool to assess comparable insurance choices rather than making price the deciding factor.
- Deductible. Establish a spending limit and tax deduction criteria that work for you. While increasing your deductibles will cost you more initially, they will save you money in the long term. You will save money in the near term, but you will pay more in the long run if you make an additional claim in the short term.
- There is only the bare minimum of protection given. Except for New Hampshire and Virginia, all nations require drivers to have automobile insurance. Before applying for insurance, ensure that you fulfill the state’s minimal criteria.
- Additional information. Personal injury and uninsured motorist coverage are additional insurance possibilities. Ascertain that the firm you choose provides additional insurance.
- Extras. Roadside assistance and no-deductible glass repairs are all possibilities, as is accident forgiveness. If you require more functionality, check with your provider to determine what they have available.
- Restrictions. Certain restrictions may restrict your ability to rideshare, travel, or engage in other activities. Bear in mind any restrictions in order to prevent coverage gaps or contested claims.
- Manufacturer promotions or discounts in exchange for brand loyalty. Insurance companies and select manufacturers have partnered to offer unique discounts and promotions. Determine whether a local Audi dealer qualifies for special discounts.
- Warranty. To avoid paying for your policy, research the warranty coverage offered by your manufacturer.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi A3?
When determining your pricing, variables such as your driving history, geographic location, and supplier preference are all considered. When calculating your insurance premiums, your insurer considers your car’s individual safety features, body style, engine, and other components. As a result, the cost of auto insurance varies significantly by vehicle type.
- Body type. The Audi A3 is a four-door sedan that is equally at home on the road as in the city. Because a sedan is less likely to be driven aggressively than a sports car, insurance premiums may be lower for a sedan.
- Automobile type. The Audi A3 is a small luxury automobile that is frequently less expensive than an SUV. However, it will be more expensive than a tiny car such as the Volkswagen Jetta.
- Theft. Sedans are more prone to theft, which may explain why insurance costs are higher.
- Repairs. Audi automobiles are highly common in North America, making it easy to locate replacement parts and maintenance centers. As a result, insurance premiums may decrease.
- Ratings for safety. Audi’s A3 is well-known for its excellent degree of safety. Insuring a safer car may result in cost savings.
How do trim packages affect insurance costs?
Adding or deleting packs and accessories may have a noticeable influence on the overall performance of your car, both on and off the road. For example, security measures and engine packages can help prevent accidents by lowering the risk of theft. The way your Audi A3 is configured may have an effect on your insurance prices.
- Premium. For instance, an updated camera and Xenon headlights may increase visibility while simultaneously cutting insurance premiums.
- Plus Premium. Utilize the parking garage, side assistance, and cross traffic aids to drive securely and save money on insurance.
- Prestige. This option includes everything included in the Premium Plus package, plus adaptive cruise control and LED headlights, which may result in insurance savings.
- TFSI Quattro with all-wheel drive. All-wheel drive, which is available on all models, may increase traction while also cutting insurance costs.
- Suspension for sports cars. By selecting this option, you will have greater control over your handling while spending less.
- Backseat passengers are protected by side airbags. This safety factor may be reduced if you are involved in an accident that results in physical injury, which increases your insurance costs.
Does the Audi A3 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
You may be qualified for various vehicle insurance discounts depending on the insurance carrier you pick. However, significant discounts are possible depending on your area, provider, and personal preferences. The Audi A3 should be utilized in the following situations:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi A3?
J.D. Power awarded the Audi A3 2017 a three-star reliability rating. However, there are 4.5/5 consumer reviews on other websites and a 95.5 percent assurance rating based on one source’s large driver survey.
Numerous recalls have happened since the A3’s 2015 facelift. Several recent instances include the following:
- 2017-2018. 8400 in total Audi A3 convertibles and sedans from 2017 to 2018 have been recalled owing to engine stalling concerns. According to Audi, the engine management unit’s software may interpret flywheel spin as a “knocking” condition, leading to a stall and an increased risk of an accident.
- 2017. In 2017, a small number of cars were recalled owing to a problem with passenger front airbags being overused, which might result in damage if the airbags discharged with greater force than planned.
- 2016. In 2016, Audi recalled a small number of A3s owing to issues with the cooling system, fuel system, and side marker lights.
- 2015. Fewer than 1,000 2015 Audi A3s have had their side airbags removed due to poorly stitched front seats that rendered them inoperative in an accident.
According to several blogs and forums, Audi A3 owners believe the 2015 model year to be the worst owing to high maintenance costs and frequent troubles. This might be because the 2015 model year was the first following a big makeover. The 2015 Audi A3 is no exception when it comes to fuel economy and transmission warnings. 2016 truck owners have reported a jerking, hesitating, and water ingress concern.
How safe is the Audi A3?
Many Audi cars, like the A3, are equipped with a variety of safety features. U.S. News and J.D. Power gave the 2018 A3 a security rating of 9.3/10, while the IIHS gave it a good rating. In all, the NHTSA awards 5 stars for safety, with a frontal collision rating of 4/5, a side impact rating of 5/5, and a rollover rating of 4/5.
Audi A3 maintenance
The Audi A3 may be used as a daily driver as well as an operator. However, routine maintenance is critical if you want to extend the life of your vehicle and maximize your mileage per gallon. Here’s what to expect in terms of oil changes, mileage, and Audi A3 warranties.
After 1,000 or 10,000 kilometers, Audi will pay the cost of your first scheduled maintenance visit. Following that, stick to the recommended maintenance regimen in your owner’s handbook.
Replacement of the oil and filter in an Audi A3 costs around $100 from a technician and $150 from the dealership.
- The 2018 Audi A4 achieves a combined fuel economy of 29 miles per gallon in the city, 26 miles per gallon on the freeway, and 35 miles per gallon on the motorway.
- The 2018 Audi A3 Quattro achieves an EPA-estimated 27 miles per gallon on the highway, 24 miles per gallon in town, and 31 miles per gallon on the highway.
- The 2018 Audi A3 Cabriolet achieves 28 miles per gallon on the highway and 25 miles per gallon in the city, for a combined rating of 33 miles per gallon.
- The 2018 Audi A3 Cabriolet Quattro averages 25 miles per gallon, but decreases to 22 miles per gallon in the city and 30 miles per gallon on the highway.
- Audi recommends that you service your A3 at an authorized dealer to prevent voiding your warranty.
- The 2018 Audi A3 comes with a 4-year/50,000-mile warranty and 24-hour roadside support.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi A3?
The Audi A3 comes with a four-year, 50,000-mile guarantee, but you may choose to retain it after the warranty period expires. Following the expiration of the new vehicle warranty, the Audi Certified Plus price guarantee became available. Audi Certified Plus offers a limited warranty. For those interested, a two-year/unlimited-mileage Audi Certified Plus Limited Warranty is offered.
About the Audi A3
Audi introduced the A3 in 1996 as a basic, family-sized small automobile. The 2017 model is well-known for its affordability and agility. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has rated the 2017 Audi A3 a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating, while the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has rated it a Top Safety Pick+.
Compare Audi competitors
Are you interested in seeing what else I have in store for you? Consider alternative Audi models or vehicles from other manufacturers.
Audi offers a diverse selection of automobiles, vans, pickup trucks, and other vehicles. The A3 is Audi’s entry-level model, thus buyers of the A4 or A5 are more likely to trade up.
The Audi A3 combines affordable luxury with convenience and comfort. Auto insurance premiums are affected by the design, safety features, maintenance costs, and other characteristics of the vehicle, so check at other coverage choices to determine how much you’ll pay for coverage.