Aston Martin’s DB11 is a two-door convertible or trimmable tower. As seen by its $200,000 MSRP, this high-end car is built for speed and performance. Aston Martin DB11 car insurance costs around $7,800 per year – nearly six times the national average – due to the six-figure price tag and elegant style. It is, however, fitted with a suite of safety features and driver aid technologies that may assist in lowering its insurance costs. To obtain a quotation, filter vehicle insurance businesses in your state.
How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance luxury automobile equipped with cutting-edge technology and style that makes insurance unaffordable. While most major vehicle insurers ensure Aston Martins, specific coverage may be purchased through a high-performance automobile insurance company.
Whichever choice you pick, each carrier bases the cost of your coverage on a variety of variables.
- Body type. Insurance is more expensive for two-door coupes such as the DB11 than for four-door sedans.
- Fuel. The DB11 is powered by a gas engine, which is often more affordable to insure than diesel or hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin DB11 has outstanding anti-theft characteristics and is not frequently targeted, which may result in lower insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. Due to the high cost of maintenance and repairs on this type of car, they anticipate paying a higher premium.
- Coverage. With such a unique and costly car, collision and comprehensive coverage are a must, which may result in an increase in your insurance prices.
- Insurers have options. While big carriers may provide coverage, you can save money by insuring your luxury vehicles with a specialty insurer.
- Warranty. Although the DB11 comes with a three-year or unlimited-kilometer warranty, you may choose to purchase extra coverage, such as an extended warranty or mechanical breakdown coverage.
- Safety. Due to the vehicle’s tiny manufacturing run, crash testing is unlikely to play a role in the vehicle’s high insurance prices.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11’s insurance costs are higher because insurers feel two-door vehicles are more likely to be involved in an accident. When your car is involved in an accident, higher-quality components and a more complicated repair method contribute to the increase in rates for vehicles made in the United Kingdom.
Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Although the Aston Martin DB11 is expensive to insure a high-performance automobile, it may qualify for the following discounts:
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
Aston Martins are designed to be safe, but due to their rarity, they have not been tested.
- Safety. Due to the small manufacturing of about 1,000 Aston Martin DB11s, neither the NHTSA nor the IIHS conducted crash tests. Despite this, it is equipped with several airbags and driver aid systems.
- Reliability. Although the DB11 lacks official reliability ratings, aside from minor paint imperfections and a few uncommon clutch troubles, it does not appear to have a lot of common faults.
- Recalls. Between 2017 and 2018, DB11 Coupe vehicles were recalled due to unintentional front airbag activation caused by a defective steering column. Additionally, in 2017, some cars were recalled owing to a tire pressure monitoring device that was set wrongly.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a top-of-the-line touring magnet. Insurance rates are expensive due to the vehicle’s opulent appearance, six-figure price tag, and absence of mandatory safety features. However, if you choose the appropriate provider and take advantage of auto insurance discounts, you may be able to obtain more cheap coverage.
Conduct more research on Aston Martin automobile insurance models or compare your insurance alternatives to determine your provider and coverage.