Alfa Romeo’s new Stelvio made its US premiere earlier this year. Made in Italy, the SUV, like the rest of the Italian brand’s inventory, is a premium vehicle. Alfa Romeo Stelvio car insurance costs on average $2,364 per year, or $197 per month.
This is far more than the national average of $1,300 per year, which is to be anticipated considering the country’s size. Alfa Romeo is a luxury brand, and insurance costs should reflect this. To obtain a quotation, sort automobile insurance companies by state.
How do I compare insurance for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Your insurer, your driving history, your location of residence, and the way you drive all play a role.
All of these elements contribute to the insurance cost for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- Body type. The vehicle is a five-door crossover SUV with a rear hatch. It is classified as a compact luxury SUV and comes in all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive configurations. Insurance is frequently less expensive than that of a sports vehicle, but is more expensive than that of a standard sedan with comparable amenities.
- Fuel. The vehicle is equipped with a turbocharged engine and operates on premium gasoline. It is offered with either a 2.0L or 2.9L engine. Insurance premiums will be greater for a vehicle with a more powerful engine.
- Theft rates. Alfa Romeo automobiles, in general, have a low theft rate. When insurance is indifferent to your automobile being stolen, they will not increase your premium.
- Maintenance. Due to the vehicle’s Italian manufacturing origins, component replacement and maintenance may be excessively expensive. Alfa Romeo, on the other hand, offers a comprehensive warranty that covers repairs and maintenance.
- Coverage. Due to the Stelvio’s premium status, you must obtain additional coverage.
- Insurers have options. While the Stelvio is a high-performance vehicle, it does not fall under the category of a sports car, antique, or exotic vehicle, which simplifies insurance.
- Warranty. Alfa Romeo’s normal warranty period is four years or 50,000 miles for the Stelvio. This includes 24-hour towing assistance and one year or 10,000 miles of comprehensive maintenance. Examine the fine language of your warranty to avoid accidental insurance coverage duplication.
The manufacturer is now running a one-of-a-kind promotion. Alfa Romeo is now leasing the 2019 Stelvio RWD for 24 months for $409 per month with low mileage. At lease signing, the total lease payment required is $4,428. This includes the down payment and the first month’s payment. Contact your local dealer to determine your eligibility.
Are discounts available on the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Yes. Discounts vary by provider, however you may frequently save between 5% and 30% by outfitting your vehicle with updated safety features. These incentives may be available if you purchase an Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- Anti-theft discount.
- Automatic wipers and wiper discount.
- Passive restraint discount.
How reliable is the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Prior to getting behind the wheel, you want to check not only that your vehicle is safe and dependable, but also that the manufacturer’s claims are correct.
- Safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety have not conducted crash tests on the Stelvio (IIHS). This is unexpected considering the car’s recent introduction in the United States. Edmunds referred to the brake pedal on the Stelvio as “excessively touchy”.
- Reliability. US News placed the Stelvio #10 in the premium small SUV category. The vehicle got an eight out of ten for its performance, power, agility, design, and large list of standard equipment, but the cab’s quality fell short of the mark.
- Recalls. As of yet, no recalls or consumer complaints have been issued in connection with the 2019 Stelvio. Despite this, the 2018 model has been subject to four recalls. These include problems with the windshield washers, lighting, braking performance, and “rust on the connections”, which results in the trunk opening.
The Stelvio is the least expensive to insure, but its premiums reflect its Alfa Romeo luxury status. The SUV is equipped with a four-year guarantee and safety measures that contribute to lower insurance costs.
Compare insurance companies to get the coverage that best fits your requirements.